Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Data transfer between MacBook and windows PC?

Data transfer between MacBook and windows PC?
Nuslos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2007, 01:54 AM

Situation being this:

My home computer (windows box with XP on it) and my school computer (MacBook) need to transfer some data around, but I don't know how to do it. It's a school computer, so I can't use target disk mode.

Also, since the filesystems can't read each other (???) is there some way I can set up like, an Apache server on the windows box and move files?

Or can I do it with something like a usb cable? @_@

wubrew
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2007, 11:59 PM

down load to an approprate usb flash. Upload to the PC. Hope you have an application in your PC for the info uploaded. If it is office document you are on. If not get a mac even a cheap one for yourself and save all the headache. Or down load the info in PC format from the macbook, I am assuming the macbook has a Window os installed. Welcome and cheers.
Remenber this mantra: mac can read/do any PC file easily but not the other way around.
It's "Brewed" not "Juiced"

Blasphemy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2007, 12:52 AM

just get a usb flash drive.

Drag-drop your files onto the flash drive for easy reading on any computer.

Other options include burning a CD or DVD, or dumping the data onto an external hard drive then hooking it up to the other computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules