Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Is there a problem out there with dual 800 processors???

Is there a problem out there with dual 800 processors???
DayDream Believers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2002, 09:55 AM

Since I bought unit there has been many a reboots unlike the ones that I had on my 450 G4. Was just wondering is there a problem with dual processors??
The problem mostly happens when I wake it from sleeping, after waking it I try to work and if I go to fast at first it freezes.

DDB

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: DayDream Believers ]

Tom N
Feb 24, 2002, 11:07 AM

I've had the dual 800 since they were first released and have had only a few freezes, and those were associated with a sleep problem. However, I'm not much of a user of the sleep feature, and actually have it currently turned off.

I do believe there have been reports of sleep problems as you described many differnet systems, not just the dual 800. Anyway, Apples system updates have had patches to fix the sleep issue. But I have no idea which system updates they were in. You may wish to just make sure you ar at the most current version and then check if you still have the problem.

Tom N.

Forum Links
Forum Rules