Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Super Bowl Halftime Show

Super Bowl Halftime Show
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 09:16 PM

Wow. All this time, I thought that Prince was just a fruitcake who changed his name to a funky symbol for awhile and wore a lot of purple.

I didn't know he was actually a good guitar player.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 09:21 PM

Not bad for a midget.

paul w
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 09:21 PM

Is there an instrument he doesn't play well?

Say what you will about Prince but his musicianship is well documented. The little guy's amazing.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 09:22 PM

playing foo fighters music? interesting

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2007, 09:24 PM

I thought he was surprisingly good...

Weezer
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mitchell_pgh View Post
I thought he was surprisingly good...
yea, I wasn't really expecting much. I give him even more credit for playing with a really wet guitar.

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2007, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Wow. All this time, I thought that Prince was just a fruitcake who changed his name to a funky symbol for awhile and wore a lot of purple.

I didn't know he was actually a good guitar player.
Tell me you're kidding.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

timmerk
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 09:28 PM

has the apple ad played yet?

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 4, 2007, 09:29 PM

Obviously someone hasn't paid much attention to Prince's music over the years. The only thing bad most people can say about him is that he is a little odd looking and uses too much purple in everything.

And he's been around for something like 25+ years, making money every year.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
Tell me you're kidding.
Um. Prince is more or less before my time. He wasn't big when I started listening to normal music. I didn't own a CD player until I was like 13, and even then I listened to pretty much just The Beatles, Beach Boys, Boston, and a lot of Jan and Dean type beach music. High school was infiltrated with a ton of Christian pop and rock, and college was mostly Blink182 and Jimmy Eat World and Quarashi, like, all the time.

So, no. Not kidding. The only things I'd ever heard about Prince mercilessly mocked him.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Obviously someone hasn't paid much attention to Prince's music over the years. The only thing bad most people can say about him is that he is a little odd looking and uses too much purple in everything.

And he's been around for something like 25+ years, making money every year.
Tonight's show impressed me. I think I might check a couple of his albums out from my local library and see what he can do.

alligator
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 09:53 PM

I haven't seen him play much, but for some reason, he's still very popular.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 4, 2007, 10:40 PM

you guys are crazy, Prince is BADASS.

oh, and shifuimam, you say Prince was "before your time" yet you "listened to pretty much just The Beatles, Beach Boys.." ??

anyhow, this man has p***y control.
ice

Oneota
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2007, 10:42 PM

I give him props for having a marching band accompanying him. Been a long time since I've actually seen a marching band at a halftime show.

Overall, not a bad performance.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Um. Prince is more or less before my time. He wasn't big when I started listening to normal music. I didn't own a CD player until I was like 13, and even then I listened to pretty much just The Beatles, Beach Boys, Boston, and a lot of Jan and Dean type beach music. High school was infiltrated with a ton of Christian pop and rock, and college was mostly Blink182 and Jimmy Eat World and Quarashi, like, all the time.

So, no. Not kidding. The only things I'd ever heard about Prince mercilessly mocked him.
Sorry, I keep forgetting I've made it to the "older" bracket around here. Anyway, if you're interested in checking out Prince, you have several good options. Purple Rain is the album that made him a big star in 1984. "Let's Go Crazy" and "Baby I'm a Star," two songs he played tonight, are from that album. It also includes his biggest hit, "When Doves Cry." You could also start with what many consider his masterpiece, 1987's double album Sign O the Times. The Very Best of Prince is a single-disc overview of his hits, but he's definitely an albums artist. The Hits is better: 2 discs of hits sold separately but also available together with another disc of b-sides (and his are legendary and essential). Finally, you could start with something a little earlier than Purple Rain; either his third album (1981's Dirty Mind) or his fifth (1983's 1999) are the best choices. You're in for a wild ride of funk, rock, and soul!

BTW, taste is one thing, but people who mercilessly mock Prince are ignorant. Without a doubt, he is one of the most talented and versatile living musicians.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
oh, and shifuimam, you say Prince was "before your time" yet you "listened to pretty much just The Beatles, Beach Boys.." ??
LOL. I have an older brother by three years. He listened to nothing but The Beatles, Queen, and Judas Priest when he was in high school, so that's all I heard every day on the way to and from school when he drove me. I didn't get into Queen until later in life, and Priest was never my thing, but I got way into the Beatles for awhile. I'd seen every Beatles movie before I ever saw a movie more recent than E.T. The only radio station I heard was the classic rock station, so I also heard a lot of Aerosmith, Steve Miller Band, CCR, etc.

My brother had a Beach Boys CD that I really, really liked, and I got a beach/surf music compilation for Christmas one year, so that's what got me into that. Now I listen to music that was popular five or six years ago. I don't even know what the hot selling albums are these days.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2007, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I haven't seen him play much, but for some reason, he's still very popular.
Because a lot of people have seen him play. Go to a live concert and you'll be won over. Remember...the half-time show was done in a torrential downpour. Most people can't play/sing that good in a climate controlled room. (myself included) Imagine the half-time show lasting around 2 hours and being almost twice as good?

The guy wouldn't have to write another multi-platinum hit single in his life, and if all he had was his musicianship and skill as an entertainer, he'd still be set for life.

What I'm wondering though is....

A. Where did he find the fountain of youth?
OR
B. Who is his plastic surgeon.

The man is what...almost fifty, and he doesn't look a day older than he did in 1984. The fact that he absolutely does not look as though he's had ANY plastic surgery is what is amazing....uh...other than his skill as a musician/entertainer/songwriter.

Sub
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2007, 11:15 PM

you guys are crazy, Prince is BADASS.
Yeah, when he buys the fake kind at the store and straps it on a man.

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2007, 11:28 PM

Sub, you are a complete moron.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2007, 11:51 PM

I think it's sad the guy was playing 20-year old songs. He might have some talent as a musician, but his songs were sort of a flash in the pan. The only thing that kept his career alive was being controversial.

Someone like Sting of Madonna has been around just as long, but at least they manage to have two or three hits per decade. Prince will be stuck singing "1999" until 2099.

quesera
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2007, 11:52 PM

My wife and I saw Prince in concert (last year or somewhere thereabouts, Musicology tour?) We were 11-14 and in middle/high school, I guess, around Purple Rain. We loved the halftime show, grateful that Prince is aging gracefully and musically. We are still overwhelmed by the spectacle of his musicianship, rather than the spectacle of his age. We are both musicians, she more than I. The sadness of the Rollling Stones and their recent (hmm..last 25 years) sad showings are a stark contrast to one driven both musicianship as well as showmanship. i feel reluctant to use the phrase "aging gracefully" but perhaps that' because we are approaching somewhat the same juncture in our lives.

We traveled criss-cross country last summer to see the Foo Fighters in concert in Berkeley, with our seven year old daughter (damn, where does that hypen go) so when Prince did "Best of You it was even more interesting to us. The game went as we wished, the commercials were less memorable (was there an Apple ad?) but the halftime show, for all that it was, was enjoyed by us all.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 12:05 AM

Prince may be a midget goofball, but he is a very gifted midget goofball. Halftime show was quite good.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 12:05 AM

Prince plays ALL the instruments on his albums.

I knew his old drummer John Blackwell decently. He said some of the hardest parts he ever had to learn were the ones he had to mimic from Princes albums & John is one BAD A$$ MO FO drummer.

Btw, his name change was cause his record lable was royaly screwing him over. - not to say he's not a little freaky....

GREAT 1/2 time show.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 5, 2007, 12:10 AM

Good mornin' ladies and gentlemen ("What hotel number is she in?")
Boys and mother****in' girls ("319, 319" "Cool")
This is your captain with no name speakin'
And I'm here 2 rock your world
With a tale that will soon be classic
About a woman U already know
No prostitute she, but the mayor of your brain
Pussy Control (Are U ready?)

Aaah, Pussy Control, oh
Aaah, Pussy Control, oh

Our story begins in a schoolyard
A little girl skipping rope with her friends
A tisket, a tasket, no lunch in her basket
Just school books 4 the fight she would be in
One day over this hoodie
She got beat 4 some clothes and a rep
With her chin up, she scolded "All y'all's molded
When I'm rich, on your neck I will step"
And step she did 2 the straight A's
Then college, a master degree
She hired the heifers that jumped her
And made everyone of them work 4 free?
No! Why?
So what if my sisters are triflin'?
They just don't know
She said "Mama didn't tell'em what she told me
'Girl, U need Pussy Control'" (Are U ready?)

Aaah, Pussy Control, oh
Aaah, Pussy Control, oh

Verse 2
Pussy got bank in her pockets
Before she got dick in her drawers
If brother didn't have good 'n' plenty of his own
In love Pussy never did fall
And this fool named Trick wanna stick her
Uh, talkin' more **** than a bit
'Bout how he gonna make Pussy a star
If she come and sing a lick on his hit
Pussy said "Nigga, U crazy if U don't know
Every woman in the world ain't a freak
U can go platinum 4 times
Still couldn't make what I make in a week
So push up on somebody that wanna hear that
Cuz this somebody here don't wanna know
Boy, U better act like U understand
When U roll with Pussy Control" (Are U ready?)

Aaah, Pussy Control, oh
Aaah, Pussy Control, oh

Breakdown
(Are U ready 4 the best Pussy U ever felt?) {x2}

With one more verse 2 the story
I need another piece of your ear
I wanna hip U all 2 the reason
I'm known as the Player of the Year
Cuz I met this girl named Pussy
At the club - International Balls
She was rollin' 4-deep
3 sisters and a weepy-eyed white girl drivin' a Hog
I pulled up right beside her
And my electric top went down
I said "Mother****er, I know your reputation
And I'm astounded that U're here
I fear U're lonely and U want 2 know
A 12 o'clock straight up nigga
That don't give a **** that U're Pussy Control
Well I'm that nigga, at least I wanna be
But it's gonna be hard as hell
2 keep my mind off a body
That would make every rich man
Want 2 sell, sell, sell (75, we need another.. 85, 85 here, sold!)
Can I tell U what I'm thinkin' that U already know?
U need a mother****er that respects your name"
Now say it, Pussy Control (Are U ready?)

Aaah, Pussy Control, oh
Aaah, Pussy Control, oh

And the moral of this mother****er is
Ladies, make'em act like they know
U are, was, and always will be Pussy Control (Are U ready?)
Peace and be wild (Aaah, Pussy Control)

Say what, huh? (Oh)
Oh no, don't U think about callin' her a ho (Are U ready?)
U juvenile delinquent
Best sit your ass down
Talkin' about Pussy Control
Huh, can U dig it?
ice

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by KeyLimePi View Post
I think it's sad the guy was playing 20-year old songs. He might have some talent as a musician, but his songs were sort of a flash in the pan. The only thing that kept his career alive was being controversial.

Someone like Sting of Madonna has been around just as long, but at least they manage to have two or three hits per decade. Prince will be stuck singing "1999" until 2099.

I wouldn't go that far. His last two albums have sold pretty well (with the last one debuting at #1). His 2004 tour was the biggest of that year. He won 2 Grammy awards that year and he just won a Golden Globe for his song from the movie Happy Feet last month. He voluntarily took himself out of the limelight for a while in the late '90s. He hasn't had a big pop radio hit in a while, but he's still been successful—arguably more successful than Sting in that time period.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2007, 12:32 AM

A. At least one of the songs he played was of fairly recent vintage (Foo FIghters)

B. When "The Man" pays you big moneyto entertain, you bring the big guns (the hits).

C. His songs are classic. Classics aren't "flash in the pan". I can't turn on the radio on any given day and turn the knob and not hear something he's written. Hell...some of your favorite Super Bowl commercials jingles may have been written by him as well (people remember Ray Charles and "The Right One Baby...Uh.huh!"? You know who wrote that?)

D. The thing that has "kept his career alive" is that he's an astounding musician/entertainer/songwriter (Just won a Golden Globe for one of his songs). He's had at least 2 #1 albums within the past 5 years and as it may have been stated, his last big tour a year or two ago was the most lucrative for ANY act that year. That includes biggies like Madonna and Sting. This is all with little to no controversy (except for when he PLAYS it during a concert )

..and Madonna and Sting have had hits in the new Millenium? Hmm

Seriously, it's understandable for some people not to like or appreciate his STYLE of music. But making statements that just aren't true because you don't know any better isn't a fair way to critique an artist.

funkboy
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks Ice.

Prince is one seriously talented funk master. He has always been able to play, and so many things; many of his early albums, and even his later ones, were actually him playing almost all the parts, layering his playing on top of his playing in the studio. Seriously talented.

I do not understand why Prince seems to be mocked in a way similar to Michael Jackson... the two are completely different, really.

But as for the halftime show - WOW. I was a little scared something terrible would happen, actually... the drama was turned up very high with the rain pouring down, and him finishing the set with Purple Rain. I thought something like that would be a crazy way to play a last show... thankfully it was not, and he'll keep bringing the funk for years and years to come.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2007, 03:20 AM

Prince is, without a doubt, one of the most versatile musicians of modern times. It's too bad he's halfway insane; people might actually pay attention to his talent.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2007, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939 View Post
Not bad for a midget.
LOL! Yeah, he's slightly taller than Rickey Henderson's batting stance.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 04:16 AM

He's good at hoops too, apparently.

YouTube - Dave chappelle

himself
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78
Sorry, I keep forgetting I've made it to the "older" bracket around here. Anyway, if you're interested in checking out Prince, you have several good options. Purple Rain is the album that made him a big star in 1984. "Let's Go Crazy" and "Baby I'm a Star," two songs he played tonight, are from that album. It also includes his biggest hit, "When Doves Cry." You could also start with what many consider his masterpiece, 1987's double album Sign O the Times. The Very Best of Prince is a single-disc overview of his hits, but he's definitely an albums artist. The Hits is better: 2 discs of hits sold separately but also available together with another disc of b-sides (and his are legendary and essential). Finally, you could start with something a little earlier than Purple Rain; either his third album (1981's Dirty Mind) or his fifth (1983's 1999) are the best choices. You're in for a wild ride of funk, rock, and soul!
Prince is a musical genius. He's a great song writer, and a phenomenal performer. I'd recommend his second (self titled) album in addition to Purple Rain (actually, his first six albums are must-haves in my opinion). And for anyone who's followed Prince even the slightest bit, he probably been in more women than any celebrity to date. He's a pimp.
( Last edited by himself; Feb 5, 2007 at 04:42 AM. )
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by himself View Post
Prince is a musical genius. He's a great song writer, and a phenomenal performer. I'd recommend his second (self titled) album in addition to Purple Rain (actually, his first six albums are must-haves in my opinion). And for anyone who's followed Prince even the slightest bit, he probably been in more women than any celebrity to date. He's a pimp.
Oh, I was just giving her a place to start. While I wouldn't dream of calling his first album (For You) essential, every album from '79 to '95 ranges from good to excellent.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
A. At least one of the songs he played was of fairly recent vintage (Foo FIghters)

C. His songs are classic. Classics aren't "flash in the pan". I can't turn on the radio on any given day and turn the knob and not hear something he's written. Hell...some of your favorite Super Bowl commercials jingles may have been written by him as well (people remember Ray Charles and "The Right One Baby...Uh.huh!"? You know who wrote that?)

D. The thing that has "kept his career alive" is that he's an astounding musician/entertainer/songwriter (Just won a Golden Globe for one of his songs). He's had at least 2 #1 albums within the past 5 years and as it may have been stated, his last big tour a year or two ago was the most lucrative for ANY act that year. That includes biggies like Madonna and Sting. This is all with little to no controversy (except for when he PLAYS it during a concert )

..and Madonna and Sting have had hits in the new Millenium? Hmm

Seriously, it's understandable for some people not to like or appreciate his STYLE of music. But making statements that just aren't true because you don't know any better isn't a fair way to critique an artist.

You couldn't be more wrong. I said in my original post that I think he may well be a talented musician, but the fact that the original songs he played last night were from the 1980s should tell you that he has not had a commerical hit in decades (covering The Foo Fighters doesn't count).

And it's laughable that you shrugged off that Sting or Madonna has had more frequent and recent hits. If you have not turned on a radio lately then please consult wikipedia for their discographies. I'm sorry if you're a big Prince fan. I'm sure you have his whole catalog and enjoy it. But the truth is that if you polled 100 people and asked them to name a Prince song, few would be able to name anything other than what was on "Purple Reign." One album is not a "classic."

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 09:15 AM

I believe that Clapton said that Prince is the best guitar player on the planet.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 09:16 AM

Prince can rip up the guitar. He is AWESOME on the guitar. And about any other instrument made on the planet. He is a natural.

I am not too hip on a lot of his music however...

My brother was a huge fan. Even made the font Prince used on his original site. (Lovesexy font)

He got permission to go take pics of Prince's original cloud guitar for his page.

I got to go and play it.

Very small guitar. But played nicely.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 09:18 AM

i lawled.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
i lawled.
At Prince? Pffft. Lets see you play as many instruments as well as he does.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2007, 09:37 AM

You couldn't be more wrong. I said in my original post that I think he may well be a talented musician, but the fact that the original songs he played last night were from the 1980s should tell you that he has not had a commerical hit in decades (covering The Foo Fighters doesn't count).
His last "commercial hit" radio single was in 1996. So, "decade" would be technically more accurate.

Again...what was Madonna's last hit? ? What was Sting's? ? I can't think of one for either. Madonna had that "Music" single out, but it quickly faded. About as quick as Prince's "Musicology" single that got some short play time and MTV play. But, "commercial hit" radio singles doesn't not always equate to "popular". Especially these days with corporate owned and programmed cookie-cutter radio stations with younger skewing playlists. His last album sold multi-platinum and it won grammys.

And it's laughable that you shrugged off that Sting or Madonna has had more frequent and recent hits. If you have not turned on a radio lately then please consult wikipedia for their discographies.
The fact that you can't seem to name any yourself speaks wonders. I did check Sting's wikipedia site. The last charting "hit" he had was 7 years ago. Before that 14 years ago. In the past 14 years, Prince has had 3 hit pop singles. 4 if you also consider the R&B charts ("Musicology" was a #3 R&B single).

I'm not saying that Madonna or Sting aren't talented artists, or better or worse than Prince. But, based on your own criteria looking at the facts, he's no better or worse.

I'm sorry if you're a big Prince fan. I'm sure you have his whole catalog and enjoy it.
Actually...I don't. I think I have 4 CD's. It's not my devotion to Prince that made me comment, rather my devotion to keeping the facts straight.

But the truth is that if you polled 100 people and asked them to name a Prince song, few would be able to name anything other than what was on "Purple Reign." One album is not a "classic."

Your personal lack of knowledge of how many hit songs Prince has had (and for that matter, how many he has written for others - the biggest smash hit of 1990 was written by him, BTW) does not lend itself to making you a very good candidate to speak for "100 people". Here's off the top of my head the songs I KNOW that the majority of the people would know, and none from Purple RAIN:

Little Red Corvette
Rasberry Beret
Kiss (hit for him and Tom Jones)
I Feel For You (huge hit for Chaka Kahn)
Manic Monday (Bangles)
Batman (from the movie)
Nothing Compares To You

I could name more hits, but these are ones off the top of my head without really thinking back.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Feb 5, 2007 at 09:51 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 09:40 AM

When Doves Cry, Lets Go Crazy, Diamonds and Pearls...

starman
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2007, 09:42 AM

LOL. Purple REIGN.

Prince is awesome. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just ignorant.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 09:44 AM

BTW Foo Fighters did a killer version of "Darling Nikki"

Though I like Prince's version better.

brapper
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 10:22 AM

...and the dancers were HOT

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 10:40 AM

Well I would hope he has potty control, nothing worse than a musician who hasn't been housebroken.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by himself View Post
And for anyone who's followed Prince even the slightest bit, he probably been in more women than any celebrity to date. He's a pimp.
I think he was having sex with my wife during half-time (im in ur house sexin up ur wimmin).

Once the screen came up, the phallic guitar silhouette was far more suggestive that Janet's whoopsie.

Game: blouses.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 5, 2007, 11:07 AM

I have an unreleased Prince track called "Purple Music" on empeethree.

TYTE SON!
ice

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2007, 11:08 AM

it really was purple rain in the stadium!!

He writes for a LOT of people too, not just the songs he sings.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SeSawaya View Post
it really was purple rain in the stadium!!
Yeah that was pretty nifty. You KNOW that made him smile.

I was worried about the whole electrocution thing though.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
At Prince? Pffft. Lets see you play as many instruments as well as he does.
No, at Rob's post. I thought I was quoting it.

Why the hostility?

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 5, 2007, 11:37 AM

Well since you didn't quote anything your post was kinda ambiguous.

applenut1
Senior User
Feb 5, 2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Agasthya View Post
I believe that Clapton said that Prince is the best guitar player on the planet.
Clapton has been known to be quite modest, and apparently delusional.

Prince can play guitar better than most pop freaks, but he certainly isn't the best player on the planet, and certainly no better than Clapton himself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules