Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > > For Sale or Trade: Like New Samsung 42" Plasma TV HP-S4273 in perfect condition

> For Sale or Trade: Like New Samsung 42" Plasma TV HP-S4273 in perfect condition
amd64lover
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 10:49 AM

I have a like new Samsung 42" Plasma TV (SAMSUNG's Digital World - Plasma TV | HP-S4273) in perfect condition. It's been lightly used for about a month. Seeing as how I spend more time on my computer than I do watching TV, I am thinking about getting a different TV and upgrading my computer. I am selling the TV for $1600. It still has 1 year and 10.5 months of the warranty left. I would trade the TV for a Macbook Pro (Core 2 Duo version). I will also be including a free wall mount and a Sherwood RD8108 A/V Receiver. Local pickup is also available in the DFW Area. Please contact me if interested

( Last edited by amd64lover; Feb 21, 2007 at 11:29 AM. )

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2007, 02:12 PM

FYI, Amazon sells this TV for $1500 brand new.

Anything else you might consider trading for? Interested in any PC computers with good specs, or only mac?

Also, references?

amd64lover  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2007, 02:32 PM

I am just looking for a macbook pro as far as trades go. I can provide references to serious parties upon request. I am slightly flexible on the price, but it also comes with an audio video receiver and wall mount kit.

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2007, 07:51 PM

oh okay - thanks anyways.

I <3 my MBP too much to trade that off (plus I think a C2D MBP is worth more than the TV).

gnomexp
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2007, 12:32 AM

It's worth a used C2D MacBook, not MacBook Pro. Sorry.

amd64lover  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 02:03 AM

Well considering I can get a new MBP for 1799 from Apple, I think the values match up pretty well.

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2007, 02:13 AM

Well, I think it's an awesome looking tv, but the best indication of a used product's resale value is eBay, and the MBP does a heck of a lot better than any of the 42" plasmas (which are going for under $1k shipped, whereas the MBPs are still around $1900 + shipping - more for the 2.33GHz version).

Also, the actual price of the MBP is 1999 + tax (so about $2100 shipped) from Apple - you're looking at the student price, which isn't exactly a fair representation of the MBP's overall value. So... there's quite a big difference between the value of your TV and a MBP. If someone did have a MBP they were willing to give up, they'd be much better off selling it on eBay, and then paying for your TV and pocketing the extra $300+.

amd64lover  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 02:20 AM

This isnt just any plasma. Its a very good quality one. Of course you could find just any plasma for under $1k, but if you value quality you will probably spend more.... I just checked ebay and the cheapest listing for my TV was for $1656 + shipping

eBay - hp-s4273, Samsung HP-S4273 Television, Televisions items on eBay.com

Please dont overestimate. I have been watching lots of MBP auctions recently and have seen several go for less than 1700 shipped. I understand there is a slight value difference, which is why I am including the receiver and wall mount kit free of charge.
( Last edited by amd64lover; Feb 20, 2007 at 02:29 AM. )

amd64lover  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2007, 11:28 AM

I made a mistake. The TV comes with a 2 year warranty, so it has 1 year and 10.5 months left on that warranty. Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules