Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Fs: Sony Vaio Vgn-fs640/w

Fs: Sony Vaio Vgn-fs640/w
leblancchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2007, 05:38 PM

This computer is in excellent shape, the only reason for selling is that I need the money more than the computer. It was bought in OCT 05 and still has 1.5 years warranty from future shop. It comes with all of the manuals and even restore disks that I ordered from sony. Please feel free to email me for pictures.
Details
The Sony VGN-FS640/W 1.6 GHz Pentium M 730 Laptop combines a sleek design with a powerful performance to tackle all of your computing needs. The Sony VGN-FS640/W 1.6 GHz features: 512 MB DDR memory, double-layer DVD drive, stereo speakers, 15.4” WXGA LCD screen, 1.6 GHz Pentium M processor, extended battery life, memory stick media slot, and Windows XP home edition. For multimedia and home computing the Sony VGN-FS640/W 1.6 GHz Pentium M 730 is in the top of its class.
Product Features
Processor Type: Pentium M
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Level 2 Cache: 2 MB
Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB
Installed Memory: 512 MB UPGRADED TO 1GB
RAM Type: DDR
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915GM
Optical Drive Type: DVD±RW Dual Layer
Diagonal Screen Size: 15.4 in
Video Card Type: Intel GMA 900
Networking Connection Type: Ethernet, Wireless LAN, 802.11b
Dimensions
Height: 1.41 in
Depth: 10.41 in
Width: 14.33 in
Weight: 6.28 lbs

Please feel free to email me at chris.a.leblanc(at)gmail.com for any questions or pictures.

I paid $2400 with warranty and also added the extra RAM and am asking only half of that: $1200 OBO

Ruf993Turbo
Feb 22, 2007, 04:25 AM

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but you will only get about half that for the laptop. I recently sold the same exact laptop for $590, with 1gb RAM. You can get a Sony CD with 1gb RAM and 100gb+ hd for about 700 brand new in the Sunday ads. I also sol an fs660 for only $630, these were mint condition with original box and all paper work and accessories. If you hold on to it too long, you'll lose more money.

leblancchris  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2007, 11:30 AM

thats brutal

swichd
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by leblancchris View Post
thats brutal
Yeah, but sadly its the truth. Prices are dropping insanely fast. I got a notebook with core 2 duo, 2 gigs of RAM, ATi x1600, bluetooth, and 120GB HDD for less than a grand recently...so good for me, bad for you
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

Forum Links
Forum Rules