Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Differece between Vista and Windows XP

Differece between Vista and Windows XP
joshua77
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2007, 04:34 AM

Hi all,
Here any body using windows Vista? If yes means please answer my question, Could you feel and big difference between Vista and Windows XP? I think Vista Price are little bit higher, but Vista provide good graphics.. I also feel Vista is only suitable with higher configurations systems..?
Functionalwise any differents you find in Vista?
Share your opinion here thanks

glypht
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2007, 08:50 AM

I can't work out whether your a spamming troll or a trolling spammer....

Which is it, hotshot?

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Mar 1, 2007, 09:53 AM

Hee hee, I love his sig.. of course when I say love I might mean hate...

cgc
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2007, 11:48 AM

Well, since Vista provides "good graphics" is MUST be worth the price and better. A question like this could easily be Googled. It seems like these forums are filling with questions from more and more lazy people.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2007, 12:51 PM

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2007, 10:55 PM

Differences between Vista and Xp? XP works with all your software (games) while Vista is still a work in progress.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

glypht
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2007, 11:40 AM

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2007, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by glypht View Post
Ok, we won't feed you. Who is the troll around here? You? I'm not seeing what you are seeing I guess. I have sigs and avatars turned off.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2007, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by joshua77 View Post
Hi all,
Here any body using windows Vista? If yes means please answer my question, Could you feel and big difference between Vista and Windows XP? I think Vista Price are little bit higher, but Vista provide good graphics.. I also feel Vista is only suitable with higher configurations systems..?
Functionalwise any differents you find in Vista?
Share your opinion here thanks
I'm running Vista on a MacPro with 2 gigs of RAM and I'm very happy with it. The applications I run on Vista include Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and a handful of Windows-only utilities that I've come to enjoy. My Vista install was very easy, although I had to first install bootcamp and XP SP2. I prefer Vista Ultimate because it will take advantage of both processors and sees all four of the processor cores. I also like Vista because of things like the IE Protected Mode, the Vista Aero UI, the Gadgets, etc.

glypht
Forum Regular
Mar 6, 2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by aristotles View Post
Ok, we won't feed you. Who is the troll around here? You? I'm not seeing what you are seeing I guess. I have sigs and avatars turned off.
Three early warning signs of trollery:

1. Fresh Faced Recruit
2. Provocative or inappropriate thread
3. Spam links in signature (Home Contents Insurance | Car Breakdown cover | Create your own personalized Pop Art work from your favorite photograph(s))

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 6, 2007, 10:55 PM

It is not the place of members to label each other. However, the items you cite-particularly the items in the sig-are troubling and we will investigate.

But if posting provocative threads was a problem, then I think anyone with more than 100 posts here would be in serious trouble. Isn't provocative something that gets people to read and respond to threads?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2007, 12:43 AM

yeah, what he said. it didn't take much to answer the OP questions. had anybody considered he might be - by gosh - a NEW MAC GUY? Apple needs all the new mac guys it can get.

If the OP had replied to your real reply and called you a dick or said Mac this or Mac that, I got it. But maybe English isn't his first language?

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2007, 07:14 AM

Don't know all the features, but friends of mine (yes ... poor, misguided, soulless chaps they may be) are not all that happy with Vista. They claim many apps still do not work, and that it requires a lot of computer horsepower.

joshua77  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2007, 07:39 AM

Hi well,
Two days before I work in Vista around 30 min But I cann't find any good difference than Windows XP.Vista consist of More graphics,but it require more memory & speed,I also heared Vista does not support many software,I think their new version of Vista will come soon with all facility.So I decide to buy it later,I hope their price also will be reduced.
Regards

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2007, 08:10 AM

Best of luck getting Vista at a reduced price! Unless of course you meant an OEM copy

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 7, 2007, 09:57 AM

My school expects to have the "campus agreement" Vista discs next month. I paid $18 for XP Pro a few months ago, and I expect Vista to be in the $20-$25 range there. Never overlook sources like campus bookstores!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Mar 7, 2007, 12:17 PM

same with me... I'm waiting for vista and office 2007 to be released at the campus computer store...

Forum Links
Forum Rules