Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Power Mac, slightly damaged

FS: 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Power Mac, slightly damaged
rhashem
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2007, 02:27 AM

Beleted!
( Last edited by rhashem; Mar 7, 2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: (Sorry, wasn't aware of the marketplace rules))

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 7, 2007, 02:59 AM

All items in the Marketplace must have an asking price.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2007, 10:22 AM

You won't sell it around a mac forum for anywhere near $2k (even if it was in perfect shape). At that price, most will just opt for a much faster Mac Pro. It's hard to gauge how much a semi-broken machine will go for on eBay.. but probably MUCH less than what you're looking for.

At any rate, I'd sell it fast before CS3 is released, because once that happens, the PowerMacs will drop significantly - since that's the only reason they're holding their prices at all against the Mac Pros right now. Not only will people be more apt to buy a MP instead, but there will be a flux of PowerMacs on the market (those looking to upgrade to a MP), which will also bring the prices down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules