Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Sticky G4 Handel

Sticky G4 Handel
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2001, 12:49 AM

I noticed when I added a second HD that my handel to open the door didn't fully lift up so I almost had to pry the door open. Once in side I noticed the locking mechinism was a little out catching the plastic on the door just a little bit. I tryed forcing the locking mechanism back but it wouldn't budge. What do you guys sugest? I know it has to be somthing simple but it is now bugging me to death.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

milhous
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2001, 11:20 PM

On the back of the mac towards the top left, there should be a shaft that is spring-loaded to retract into the unit that pulls out which has a hole in it. This is a security feature such that when that sliding shaft pulls out, it secures the case from being open, thus you have a hard time trying to open it because it won't let you.

If you have a lock or cable that is running through that shaft, take it out first before trying to open the case. I was baflled when I tried to open our B&W at work, and was having the same problems as you did.

If this isn't the case, then I really have no clue what's going on. Hope this helps.
F = ma

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2001, 12:06 AM

Sorry But I have already tried it. I can see that there is a little gap on the lock I have tried to pull and then push it back in but to no avail.

iMacfan
Senior User
Dec 14, 2001, 09:22 AM

Handel : Hallelujah! -da- -da- Hallelujah!

Are you perchance talking about a handle?

Sorry, I had to say it!

Dave
http://www.ppconmac.com - Mac compatability for your PocketPC!

kbbaucom
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2001, 02:38 PM

Have you by any chance taken the top plastic off of your G4 and put it back on? I had the same problem as you after I did my case mod. When I turned the top around, the problem went away.

Kristoff
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2001, 03:34 PM

I have the same issue with my new QS.
And I have not removed anything, but after that post, I am about to turn the top around and see if it helps.
signatures are a waste of bandwidth
especially ones with political tripe in them.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2001, 03:58 PM

Why thank you I did take the top off of my G4 for kicks and giggles and I must have put it on backwards I will try it later tonight. Thank you so much

Forum Links
Forum Rules