Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > visio-like app for a mac?

visio-like app for a mac?
ph0ust
Senior User
Mar 29, 2007, 08:11 PM

hi all. i need a visio like application for mac. i need it to create workflow diagrams that i can save as an image and then include in a word document. any options for this? thanks.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 09:10 PM

OmniGraffle. By far.

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 09:37 PM

Yep, can't go wrong with the graffle.

The Omni Group - Applications - OmniGraffle

PSXBatou
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2007, 12:51 AM

I use OmniGraffle and i love it. Does the new version allow you to use visio templates? I would love to import the ones we have here at work, i know the version i have doesnt know what the file is, but i was hoping maybe the newer versions do.

voiceofra
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by PSXBatou View Post
I use OmniGraffle and i love it. Does the new version allow you to use visio templates? I would love to import the ones we have here at work, i know the version i have doesnt know what the file is, but i was hoping maybe the newer versions do.
The Omni Group - Applications - OmniGraffle - Professional (vs the standard) will import the Visio XML schema, not sure if that applies to templates though...
OmniGraffle Professional 4 now uses the recently-opened Visio XML schemas, so there have been many improvements to the Visio XML import/export function, and some of the newer feature sets (such as the Bezier drawing tool) bring OmniGraffle's Visio support to a higher level. Additional, there is now support for exporting to the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SVG can display OmniGraffle documents beautifully at any size, whether you're viewing them on the screen of a mobile phone or on a large print banner.

Forum Links
Forum Rules