Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 12" iBook and accessories

FS: 12" iBook and accessories
buffswin
Mar 19, 2007, 09:42 AM

I need to pay off some bills, so I am going to have to part with my beloved iBook.

Here's what I am selling:

12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz
1.5 GB memory
100 GB hard drive
Superdrive (yes - Superdrive, writes DVD)
Includes original boxes/disks/etc.

Also selling:
Incase sleeve bag for the 12" iBook

Bluetakke BT500 Bluetooth mouse (the white one)

Microsoft Office Student Teacher edition (I used one of the licenses to install on this computer -- the package comes with 3 licenses)

I am willing to break everything up and sell as different components - but would prefer to sell the entire package to someone, if possible.

I see brand new iBooks on Ebay - in the 512/40/Combo variety - going for $799. Granted this isn't ebay -- but I'd like to think that this computer and accessories are worth about $950 or so. I am willing to negotiate of course. I am NOT looking to trade.

I can have pictures available - if you would be interested in seeing the computer and accessories. Please PM me if you are interested.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 10:05 AM

FWIW, that seems really, really high, considering a brand-new MacBook costs not much more than $950 (and yes, it comes with a few extras, but still).

I'd think $600 is probably a fair price on a used iBook G4. A quick search of "12" 1.33GHz iBook G4" completed listing search on eBay turned up results that showed all but one iBook sold for between $350 and $750, and only five out of the bunch sold for more than $650 (out of 16 listings that actually sold).

Just my $0.02; not trying to thread crap. People here tend to pay under what eBay costs, because this is a much smaller community of users who tend to give each other breaks more often than not.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

buffswin  (op)
Mar 19, 2007, 10:49 AM

I'm aware of what the brand new MacBook costs. Granted, the brand new $1,099 MacBook comes with a better screen and a better processor (and a warranty), but it doesn't come with the same memory I have, it doesn't come with the same size hard drive as what I am selling, and you can't even order it with a superdrive. (You have to buy the $1,299 model to get the superdrive option) The $1,099 MacBook, with 2MB of memory and a 120 MB hard drive (without the superdrive) - sells for approximately $1,550.

I looked at ebay before posting my ad here. I found a sale that ended yesterday, where a person sold a 12" iBook 512/40/combo with a warranty, including Microsoft Office - for $815 (Ebay item #170091137506). I found several sales where 12" iBooks in base 512/40/combo format sold for $799 (Ebay item #120096294463), $730 (Ebay item #330097298967), $679 (Ebay item #270098983813), $675 (Ebay item #330098679297) and (Ebay item #330097299015) and $633 (Ebay item #190092956003) all of which ended within the past 10 days. When I added in the extra memory, the extra hard drive, the superdrive, and the accessories which are all in the computer I am selling- I came up with $950. Given what I am selling, and what similar machines are selling for on Ebay, I believe my original asking price was certainly reasonable.

My original post said that the price was negotiable. The posting requirements for this forum require me to include an asking price in my For Sale ad. I have done that. If you are interested in the iBook or any of the accessories, please send me a PM. I am willing to entertain offers.

Still.Life
Baninated
Mar 31, 2007, 03:21 PM

Would you well the MS Student by itself? If so how much would you want for it?

buffswin  (op)
Apr 2, 2007, 10:32 AM

Forum Links
Forum Rules