Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Clock!

Clock!
mr.dan.watson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2007, 04:42 AM

The most frustrating problem I have ever encountered on my mac so far is the CLOCK. Not sure if thats good or bad if you know what I mean but, It just disappears in the menu bar, When I shutdown/restart/sleep clock disappears and I have to bring it back in the preferences. Do you know how many times I have re-enabled the clock in preferences? Has anyone ever had/heard this problem? Solutions?

Visualize
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2007, 05:56 AM

This is probably not what you're looking for, but maybe an alternative clock app is neccesary ? like this one MagiCal | Software | Charcoal Design

Or try and search for "MenuCalendarClock for iCal"

I don't have any real solutions to your problem because I never had them myself. Nor have I read about others having the same problem.

Madrag
Senior User
Apr 20, 2007, 06:54 AM

It happened to me when in very small monitors and using applications with a very large menu (ie: filemaker pro developer), some of the items on the right disappeared.
Is that your case? (could you specify the OS version + app + screen resolution?)

mr.dan.watson  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2007, 05:59 AM

Thanks Visualize thats works just as well as the regular clock.

Madrag. I have 10.4.9. I know its not the resolution because Its the same resolution that was shipped to me. I think the problem might be when shutting down or restarting the computer, my os x install fails to remember the preference.

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2007, 08:58 AM

Try deleting the com.apple.systemuiserver.plist file from ~/Library/Preferences/ and com.apple.systemuiserver.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.plist from ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/ (where x = a series of alphanumerics)

Forum Links
Forum Rules