Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iPhone vs Mogul vs Ocean

iPhone vs Mogul vs Ocean
pman68
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2007, 04:44 PM

I'm going for the iPhone if I can find one. But I do like the looks of the Ocean and Mogul. I believe the Ocean is also a closed system. And the Sprint Mogul is WM6, which lets you install apps and is pretty customizable.

Pics:

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 19, 2007, 05:23 PM

I don't get it. BlackBerry is a closed system and managers scramble over each other to get one. Apple gets all the bad press, though.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jun 19, 2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah Blackberry is a (semi) closed system, but it does Exchange, which is good for corporate types.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2007, 06:57 PM

I'm not sure about the Helio carrier. It seems like it's leasing others' network and a fairly new company.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2007, 04:48 PM

Depends on your needs. I suppose you should choose one on features not on looks but that's me

I use a blackberry and I can see why people want it (in a corporate setting). I'm easily able to keep in touch and quickly (and easily) communicate with my co-workers. I think only recently smart phones had the push email feature, before hand you needed to sync the pda/smartphone to your computer to get emails. BB was the first to give you emails.

I'm not familiar with any of those phones, but you'll also need to consider costs of the phone and plan, you may be surprised at how much it will run you per month and that may effect your decision too.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 20, 2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I'm not sure about the Helio carrier. It seems like it's leasing others' network and a fairly new company.
Helio is an MVNO (buying airtime on another company's network) which is fine, nothing bad about that.

It's founded by the founder of Earthlink, so the notion is that Helio is going to be more hep to trying to get internet and IP related tasks / apps on the handset.

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2007, 08:35 PM

Helio is absolutely awesome. Their customer service is off-the-charts excellent. Period.

Highly recommended.
Linkinus is king.

pman68  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2007, 10:38 PM

That's what I mean, I only hear great things about all three of these phones. But I think I'm settling on the iPhone because of screen size and usability. Money is not an option at this point.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 20, 2007, 10:58 PM

I'd never even heard of the Mogul before reading this thread. So that's my pick for the loser.

Forum Links
Forum Rules