Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > My "new" dual G4

My "new" dual G4
Goofas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2007, 05:02 PM

I just came back to Apple after some really bad experiences with an Emac and Imac G5. I bought a dual 800 G4, 1.5 GB ram, added 160 & 240 Gb SATA drives, SATA 20x DL DVD burner and a Geforce 3 64 mb agp card. It also has 2 extra firewire ports and 4 USB 2.0's. I plan to add a dual 1.8 CPU upgrade by the end of the year. I figure this will still be a great machine for a few more years to come.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 05:09 PM

Welcome back

Glad you could grab hold of good machine to re-start your trip to down the merry mac path to enlightenment
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

roller
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2007, 05:42 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear you had bad experiences with two machines. I have purchased about 30 over the last eight years. The model that has been the most problematic: the eMac.

The individual machine that has been the biggest lemon I ever bought: my daughter's G5 iMac. The one I purchased for my son that same Christmas has never had a problem, but my daughter's has had two logic boards, a new hd, new sensors, and a new power supply-- all covered by AppleCare and they sent their technicians to me.

Hopefully the third time for you will be the charm, instead of the third strike...
My Macs: 15" Macbook Pro, Mac Pro,
Lab of ~ 25 various models purchased over the last eight years

My Sites: AppleBytes: Apple-inspired Tees and more, iSwitched: Guide for Switchers,
Yearbook QR Codes, Yearbook Unlimited

Forum Links
Forum Rules