Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New iMac comes with redesigned Mighty Mouse

New iMac comes with redesigned Mighty Mouse
Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2007, 06:20 AM

It appears the new iMac has a slightly different Mighty Mouse. Mine all have gray side buttons, but on the new one they're now white:

Also, it looks like all new Mighty Mice now come with white buttons.

Any other differences?

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2007, 09:35 PM

I have an original mighty mouse, and the one that came with my new iMac. I honestly hadn't noticed any difference between them. The slight colour change on the side buttons is all that is different, and even then I didn't know until I saw this post, and checked.

To be honest, I think these mice are rubbish anyway. The scroll ball gets borked within a few weeks of use, and you cant open the things to clean/service them without near enough ruining it. Even more so the wireless version.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

jamiemcf
Aug 11, 2007, 10:25 PM

When they said new Mighty Mouse at the release on Tuesday I got hopeful that it might have fixed that ridiculous excuse for right clicking but it seems it's just the exact same mouse in a new shell. Sucks.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2007, 11:52 AM

I was at my local Apple store yesterday (buying the new iWork & iLife and my wife an iPhone) and the cord for the wired Mighty Mouse on the new iMacs looked a bit shorter to me than the previous iterations.

dbranham
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2007, 04:07 PM

You guys are a bit harsh on the MM. Sure, you've got to lift your left finger in order to right-click, but that's not a big deal. It makes up for it's deficiencies with complete lack of wires (i.e., bluetooth instead of mere "wireless" base station) and elegant style. Some people will complain about anything.
Old Times There Are Not Forgotten

Forum Links
Forum Rules