Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWeb losing my pictures!

iWeb losing my pictures!
Thunderbird
Senior User
Aug 13, 2007, 09:01 PM

I had some big problems with iWeb '06. I had a nice blog with about 20 entries in it, published to .Mac. On the blog pages, I would insert inline pictures imported from iPhoto. iWeb apparently doesn't like it if you put too many pictures on a blog page, and after a couple of posts with 20 or so pictures, iWeb would randomly delete the pictures from the blog, leaving just a placeholder where the picture used to be. So, I stopped putting pictures in the blog, but the damage was done. My blog was hopelessly messed up.

So, I upgraded to iWeb '08, and started from scratch. I deleted the old domain file, and made a new one. I wanted to keep the pages clean, so I am not adding any extra pictures to the blog. Instead, I am using photo pages and an album page to keep them organized.

So, now I have 8 albums with anywhere from 15 - 50 pictures in each. Total of about 300 pictures spread across all the albums. HERE IS MY PROBLEM - When editing the Albums page in iWeb, I get the spinning beach ball of death. After a while, it goes away, as do the pictures in the display on the albums page (they are still in the photo page, but gone from the album page), leaving a black space where there should be an area to skim through pictures.

My domain file is about 130 MB. I'm on a MacBook Pro, 17", 2.33 Ghz, with 2GB of RAM.

I'm afraid to add any more pictures, lest this on gets messed up like the last one. Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules