Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Iphone not working

Iphone not working
AShul007
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2007, 02:55 AM

My Iphone has simply gone dead. It does not work anymore. I was using it at 11 oclock this evening and suddenly the screen went dark and the device felt extremely hot. I, to say the least, am devastated. I have lost contacts which I did not have a chance to back up and am concerned about being able to recover them. Does anyone know if data can be recovered from the iphone. I should mention also that my phone was first experiencing the dead spot on the screen issues so for anyone else experiencing that...it may be symptomatic of a larger issue -- I suggest you all back up and take your phones into the store. Has anyone else had their phone go dead?

skipjack
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2007, 05:11 AM

Have you tried resetting it by pushing both "on/off/sleep" and "home" simultaneously for several (at least 5) seconds?

-Q-
Aug 14, 2007, 11:33 AM

Bugger, that's horrible. But it should still be within the warranty phase so a replacement is definitely in order. Too bad about the contacts, tho'. Perhaps a genius at an apple store can still pull them off...?

Forum Links
Forum Rules