Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > My 2007 Care Packages mission in Canada

My 2007 Care Packages mission in Canada
Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2007, 05:48 PM

So, I just sent my e-mail last week to our office in the West and in the Maritimes.

Already I have 12 positives answers. Last year, I succeeded in sending 13 boxes and 4 more went from people outside the office.

Also, this year I am including care notes (postcards, letters, cards, etc.). My boss does not want me to do this but I will send letters to the editor to 18 newspapers around the country and see if I can get results from this. Also, I will call the first week of September 37 French and French immersion schools here in Calgary and have a colleague calls 40 English schools to get some letters for the soldiers. I am doing this from home, from the library and on my breaks and lunch time. So, my boss that does encourage favorites can kiss my back side.

It is going according to plans until now. Just love to organize things like that it is very rewarding.

My question to those who will read this thread, would you send an encouraging letter to a soldier through someone like me requesting letters through a letter in the newspaper.

Forum Links
Forum Rules