Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > USBOverdrive or SteerMouse for Logitech MX Revolution?

USBOverdrive or SteerMouse for Logitech MX Revolution?
damiensmunki
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2007, 09:01 PM

Well...I posted a thread earlier today about my failing Mighty Mouse. Just got back from Office Depot, where I picked up the Logitech MX Revolution. I've been reading about different driver issues, and the general consensus seems to be that the Logitech software is lacking for the Mac. It seems that USBOverdrive and SteerMouse are highly regarded. Anyone have an opinion as to which works best for this mouse? Does either of them allow the rapid, flick scrolling? Please let me know what you guys think of these apps. Thanks much!
Rob

vasu
Senior User
Aug 12, 2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by damiensmunki View Post
Well...I posted a thread earlier today about my failing Mighty Mouse. Just got back from Office Depot, where I picked up the Logitech MX Revolution. I've been reading about different driver issues, and the general consensus seems to be that the Logitech software is lacking for the Mac. It seems that USBOverdrive and SteerMouse are highly regarded. Anyone have an opinion as to which works best for this mouse? Does either of them allow the rapid, flick scrolling? Please let me know what you guys think of these apps. Thanks much!
Rob
Definately Steermouse. And yes, it supports the flick scrolling. There's no GUI input for it, so you can't just choose how you want the scroll to work from a menu, but there's a very easy plist edit you make to define how you want it to work. Instructions are included with Steermouse specifically for the Revolution mice

MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Aug 13, 2007, 02:03 PM

I personally don't mind the LCC software. It's universal binary, the horizontal scrolling isn't dog-ass slow anymore...

works great for my MX 1000

kman79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2007, 07:45 AM

I have the same mouse and I've tried both. I definitely like steermouse better; it seemed to have better support for the mouse and worked without a hitch.

kuchiki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 11, 2007, 01:52 PM

Like the other two above me I tried them both also and I liked Steermouse better. I reviewed it also and the Steermouse developer is just the kindest dude ever. Great support and that's something that has gotten rare.

kuchiki
My newly created blog about the Macbook and home of iMountIt
News, Reviews, Tutorials, Giveaways and more.
Visit: Days of our Macbooks

cleary_jp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2007, 09:40 PM

I've been using USBOverdrive. I have a problem with apples weird tracking motion and USBOverdrive corrects that. And if you look around you can find the product keys......not that I condone that sort of stuff

Forum Links
Forum Rules