Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Audio goes out on Sleep...

Audio goes out on Sleep...
Metro
Jan 16, 2002, 06:46 AM

I am running a G4 733 (1st generation), and everytime I put it to sleep now and then go back to work, the Audio goes out. The only thing that I can think of that is really different is that I installed Norton Personal Firewall during this time period. Everything is basically the same.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

thjonas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2002, 02:00 AM

I am having the same problem on my 466 Digital Audio using 10.1.2 (Didn't install Norton though). The only way I know to get the sound back temporarily is to restart. Hope someone can help.

Metro  (op)
Jan 17, 2002, 09:42 AM

I have to restart too. It is the only way to restore audio. Also I have Norton Firewall installed on my iBook and I have no problems with the iBook.

I have to believe it has to do with 10.1.2

Anyone else?

bil207
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 17, 2002, 11:19 AM

I also have the "no sound after sleep" problem with my G4 533 DP OS 10.1.2. There are several posts on the Apple boards and other forums about this problem but no one seems to have a fix. Ever since I installed the 10.1.2 update I have had to restart after sleep in order to get the sound back. Now I just shut down instead of sleep. I also have an iMac with OS 10.1.2 that has no problems with sleep or audio and from what I've read this problem seems unique to the DigitalAudio and some Quicksilver G4s.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: bil207 ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules