Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > VMWare Fusion Tools Problems

VMWare Fusion Tools Problems
ahmed_88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2007, 01:45 PM

I am hoping someone could help me with the following problem:
Every time I resume my virtual machine from a suspended state, I have to install the VMware Fusion Tools. Why is it not staying active after the initial install? It is really annoying as the whole process is an agonizing 15-20 wait, not to include the slowing of OS X. Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?

nospamboz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 03:02 AM

Are you rebooting the VM when the Tools installation is finished, or merely suspending?

Are you suspending the VM using the VMware menu item "Suspend Guest" or by some other means?

What is the guest operating system?

Are you using a Boot Camp partition?

ahmed_88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2007, 12:44 PM

Hi,
I am indeed rebooting after the Tools installation, as one is prompted to do so.
And I always suspend the VM using the Suspend Guest option or the red button. I am not using a Boot Camp partition, just VMWare Fusion with Windows Vista on a 2 Gig Macbook. Everytime I resume the VM, I have to re-install the Tools!!!!!!

nospamboz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2007, 01:55 AM

I just tried suspending and resuming my Vista 64 VM for the first time, and it looks like it worked fine.

I can only suggest you try installing Vista onto a new fresh VM to see if you can duplicate the problem.
Don't bother activating it.

If you ask this question on the VMware Fusion DIscussion forum (off of VMware Fusion Overview, Run Windows on Mac, Virtual PC on Mac - VMware),
you can probably get better advice. I've looked through their archive, tough, and can't find a similar
case.

Good luck.

ahmed_88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2007, 06:06 PM

Ok, great...
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules