Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Think I'm hosing my system (SUID file)...

Think I'm hosing my system (SUID file)...
The Wolf
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2007, 08:08 PM

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

I have NO idea about command line, etc. Is there anything I can do? I used to be able to do an fsck-y. Will that fix this problem in Leopard? Thanks.

MartiNZ
Senior User
Oct 27, 2007, 08:41 PM

This seems to be one result of the Apple Remote Desktop client update that came through Software Update. I got that warning when I repaired permissions, and shook my head at the fact that I had to make the Disk Utility window much wider than my 12" screen to read the message.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2007, 09:57 PM

Are you having a problem with Apple Remote Desktop?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2007, 10:06 PM

If this is about Repair Permissions, the term "repair" is kind of a misnomer. "Reset" is more accurate. All that's saying is that you've updated that component, so it's not going to be reset to the permissions it had originally.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

The Wolf  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2007, 01:18 PM

Weird, I never used Remote Desktop. I guess I shouldn't worry about it, or should I? Thanks for the info.

shinji
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2007, 07:09 PM

I had the same exact problem...I don't even use ARD, I just got it with Software Update. PITA.

tuqqer
Nov 5, 2007, 08:05 PM

I get this same thing showing up when I repair permissions, ever since upgrading to Leopard. I did a clean install, and never have used Remote Desktop.
Leopard 10.5.x •• 2.66Ghz Mac Pro, 7 Gigs RAM •• dual 20 Samsung LCDs •• MacBook Core Duo 13" 2Ghz White

The Wolf  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 5, 2007, 11:11 PM

Well, there are some discussions about it on the Apple Support site. The latest info I've found seems to say just wait for the next Leopard update. Please let me know if you learn anything different.

Forum Links
Forum Rules