Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > permission errors help requested

permission errors help requested
Macanoid
Senior User
Nov 23, 2007, 04:22 AM

When I repair permission I get a message that several things have been modified and will not be repaired. Can anyone here tell me what the below message exactly means?

Thanks very much!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r----- .
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Permissions differ on "usr/lib/ruby", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x .

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 23, 2007, 06:12 AM

Cold Warrior
Nov 23, 2007, 11:45 AM

did you update to 10.5.1? If so, try installing (or reinstalling) the full updater, not the smaller one that Software Update pushes. I had the same problem as you, and the full updater solved it (except for the ARDAgent, which an Apple KB article says is no cause for concern).

Macanoid  (op)
Senior User
Nov 23, 2007, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the help - I did indeed re-install the 10.5 update and apart from ARDA, all the pther stuff seems solved!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules