Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Barcelona: internet and other practical info

Barcelona: internet and other practical info
tobster
Senior User
Dec 18, 2007, 06:52 PM

Hi all,

As I might be moving to Barcelona in the next few months I am starting to look into a few things. I would most likely be taking my work with me and working on everything remotely which requires a fairly fast connection. I'd be working with RAW files from 20-40 mpix cameras so the amount of info traveling back and forth will be quite a bit.

I've been checking on some of the internet provider's websites but figured I might also check if there are any here that know. ADSL and cable seem to be widely available but maybe there is something better? I am trying to find something that offers a good upload speed, not only a high download speed.

I've been trying to read up on neighbourhoods in Barcelona to see where I should look for apartments. There is a lot of info out there but I don't really know what is right and what is not. Any opinions on what areas of Barcelona to focus on? I'll be living off of about 3000 EUR a month so I should have a bit of a budget to play around with.

Thanks for any help...

Tobbi

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2007, 02:10 PM

I am spaniard myself, and got some friends there in Barcelona, Mac users indeed, I will let them know about your query so they can advice you better than I can.

tobster  (op)
Senior User
Dec 22, 2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
I am spaniard myself, and got some friends there in Barcelona, Mac users indeed, I will let them know about your query so they can advice you better than I can.

Thanks Angelmb... I appreciate any info you can get. Been looking at the various websites of companies that offer internet but don't know the quality of each...

Thanks,
Tobbi

insert_coin
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2007, 09:31 PM

Hello tobster, I'm an angelmb friend. I live in Barcelona (province, not city), if you want we can speak about that via iChat or email, I send you a private message.
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look and do nothing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules