Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Good Laser printer wireless?

Good Laser printer wireless?
cenutrio
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2008, 11:34 AM

I especially like HP. I has to be relatively cheap, good performance, and easy to set up with my Mac in an airpot network.

Any clues (I'm quite novice at this)?

Internet stores in which I may find a good deal?

Any input will be very welcomed.

Thanks
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24¨, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2008, 02:00 PM

While I'm also a fan of HP printers, I bought the Samsung ML-1630 when Apple had their $100 off a printer rebate. Before rebate the printer was $199.

It's a black and white laser. The quality and speed is very nice, and it works flawlessly with my Airport Extreme Base Station.

I cannot remember the models but I had a Lexmark and two HP printers a few years ago, both were inkjet. The Lexmark did not give me nice prints and all of a sudden one day (the day before a project was due) it stopped printing for some reason. I went to Best Buy and bought an HP printer but it refused to work with the Airport so I returned it for the next model up which worked well and gave good prints.

The reason I went for the Samsung this time was because it is a black and white laser. I find myself printing about 90% black and white stuff and would rather pay a little more and get a printer which gives much nicer quality black and white prints. I have always ordered my prints through iPhoto since I have never used a printer which can print out quality photos like the ones I order for 19c each.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 02:04 AM

I have a Brother HL-2070N laser printer connected via ethernet to my AirPort Extreme base station. Works wirelessly from the laptop quite well.

OreoCookie
Jan 20, 2008, 06:51 AM

I can recommend Kyocera lasers: very cheap toner and great quality. I have an FS-1020D which has been superseded by the 1030D. It works great plugged into my Airport Express base station.

That said, I have owned several HP printers (3 LaserJets, one DeskJet) and still use them regularly at work.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

studgrade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2008, 08:24 AM

I have a HP Color LaserJet 2605dn on my home network. Works really well plugged into my Airport Extreme. No problem with Macs, Windows Vista and XP.

Later.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
While I'm also a fan of HP printers, I bought the Samsung ML-1630 when Apple had their $100 off a printer rebate. Before rebate the printer was $199.
NeXT Laser printer for one-tenth the cost!?, that would be easily the best looking printer I had ever found. Amazing.

cenutrio  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2008, 11:10 AM

I love the Samsung.

If I understood you correctly, it is a USB printer, you just put it nearby the airport and use the USB there, right?

Thanks
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24¨, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 08:45 PM

correct, except you connect the usb cable to the airport

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 11:22 AM

d'oh, I would need an Airport base Station? more coolness though…

Forum Links
Forum Rules