Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can't print in word anymore.

Can't print in word anymore.
bmwparamedic
Jan 22, 2008, 12:51 AM

So the last couple of days I've been having problems printing in Word. I usually print word documents at my office at the university so save on ink. The last couple of times I couldn't so I thought it might have been some weird issue from when I installed my bigger hard drive but I remember being able to print after that. I can also print from everything else internet, google, pages, etc. But just not word.

This couldn't been happening at a worst time, as school starts tomorrow and I have to print out labs as we're creating a new lab assignments for our department. I've e-mailed the files to others to print out from their computer and even my girlfriend can print them. We set her printer up to be shared and I tried. to see maybe if it was just a printer problem on my end and it is not.

I really don't want to upgrade to the new 2008 office due to the fact that VBS is not supported and I write grants and needed the support of EndNotes. Please advise on steps I can take.

I've tryed updates nothing, reinstalling and nothing. I also tried installing from the CD and it quits on intall but I can copy the folder into my application folder which is what I did and nothing. I even deleted my office with appzapper to get files associated with it and nothing.

I do not know what to do and any suggestion would be helpful.

Microsoft is all I have to say.

bmwparamedic  (op)
Jan 22, 2008, 04:18 PM

bump

JKT
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2008, 04:39 PM

Can you print PDFs at all or does printing just fail completely? If so, a temporary workaround would be to print to PDF everything and print from Preview.

cbk1994
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2008, 07:30 PM

I had a problem like this, but I couldn't print from any office product. Ended up using iWork. Couldn't be happier
15" MacBook Pro (unibody), 4 GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.6.2

bmwparamedic  (op)
Jan 22, 2008, 08:51 PM

No I spent 4 hours with Microsoft today and I'm backing up and then I'm going to do an archeive and install and see if that work. Office 2008 works but I can't use EndNote. If this doesn't work I might end up just using 2008 or Pages.

Forum Links
Forum Rules