Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone screen scratched

iPhone screen scratched
daneel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2008, 04:04 PM

i have a nice fat scratch on my iphone screen caused (presumably, since nothing else can do it) by some sand particles. must have been while the phone was in my pocket. very disappointed after what i heard about the iphone's screen being invincible and all that.

does anyone have any fixes for a screen scratch. i know the brasso method won't work coz the iphone screen is glass while the ipod was plastic.

also, what would be the best case for the iphone. preferably i'd like something of the rubber sort than the hard case type (had one of those on my old iphone. sand got wedged between the case and the back of the phone and scratched it up something fierce). accessibility of buttons is also a criteria. with some of the cases, it was extremely difficult trying to press the sleep button on top coz the gap is so small.

and before you ask, i live right next to a beach. and i take my phone with me to my game of football everyday. that's where all the sand's coming from.
( Last edited by daneel; Feb 24, 2008 at 01:42 PM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2008, 04:40 PM

Nobody has claimed that the iPhone's screen is invincible and scratch proof. It's scratch resistant.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 24, 2008, 08:43 AM

Sand and electronic devices never mix. I'd get a water/sand proof case.

Forum Links
Forum Rules