Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where is Dorsal?

Where is Dorsal?
Gulliver64
Nov 1, 2001, 09:50 AM

Has anybody heard from Dorsal recently? His postings on AppleInsider describing prototype hardware where very interesting and quite accurate. Where is he posting now?

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2001, 11:30 AM

there was some person calling himself dorsal posting at these forums some months ago, few weeks after the shutdown of ai iirc. back then, some people however would doubt if he were that real dorsal from appleinsider. so he made a few posts here, but obviously didn�t care to return after some peolpe accused him being a fake.

btw: i used to read on the ai boards as well when the "original" dorsal spread his exciting infos... ah, those were the grand days of ai.

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: dr. zoidberg ]
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2001, 11:38 AM

�ha! habs erst jetzt gesehen... du bist also auch ein '�si'? und ich kram noch extra mein holpriges gymnasiastenenglisch hervor...
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

<Ph.D.>
Nov 1, 2001, 01:56 PM

Gulliver, I beg to differ. Few if any of Dorsals A.I. posts, or at least those in the months leading up to the quicksilver introductions, were accurate. He/she/it posted interesting rumors, but despite those rumors covering virtually every possible update to the tower machines, he got essentially none of it right. He vanished immediately afterward and has not returned. My opinion is that he/she/it was little more than an attention seeking troll.

mactropolis
Senior User
Nov 1, 2001, 04:51 PM

oh yeah! i remember him
Death To Extremists!

mactropolis
Senior User
Nov 1, 2001, 04:53 PM

i just remembered, i think i've seen him (or at least the screen name) om mac addict forums a few times.
Death To Extremists!

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2001, 06:49 PM

This is the Babelfish German to English translation of what dr. zoidberg just wrote:

----------original--------------------
�ha! habs erst jetzt gesehen... du bist also auch ein '�si'? und ich kram noch extra mein holpriges gymnasiastenenglisch hervor

----------translated-----------------
oeha! habs only now seen... you are thus also ' oesi '? and I stuff
still specially my holpriges high school student-English out
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2001, 10:37 PM

I think the translation has me further confused
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2001, 05:04 PM

*rofl*! great job, babelfish!

i was just saying (sort of) hello to an austrian fellow. didn�t realize he was austrian until i had submitted my response.

so let�s get back to topic. aren�t there any more dorsal fans left in here?

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 2, 2001, 10:26 PM

Originally posted:
<STRONG>so let�s get back to topic . . .</STRONG>
Um guys, since this is the Power Mac forum and not the Where's Dorsal forum, when and how was this thread ever on topic? Transferring into the Lounge.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules