Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Boot Camp and Dual Monitors...

Boot Camp and Dual Monitors...
asodamiac
Senior User
May 15, 2008, 02:28 AM

I just installed Boot Camp on my iMac. I'm using a Dell 2408 as my main monitor, but Windows XP does not seem to let me "move" my taskbar like Mac OS X does. Is there any way to move the taskbar to the Dell monitor and use the iMac's screen as a secondary?

Thanks!
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

ibook_steve
May 15, 2008, 04:16 AM

I don't know if your iMac has an ATI or Nvidia GPU, but there should be an "Advanced" button (once you click one of the little display pictures) in the Display settings that lets you make adjustments for external monitor location and where the taskbar should be. Also, if the taskbar isn't locked, shouldn't you be able to simply drag it to the monitor you want (I think you have to hold alt or ctrl to do this)? The taskbar isn't fixed like the Mac OS X menu bar.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

asodamiac  (op)
Senior User
May 15, 2008, 04:17 AM

Hmm, I found a link to some third party ATI firmware and it seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the suggestion though!
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

Forum Links
Forum Rules