Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe activation: can't un-activate dead machine??

Adobe activation: can't un-activate dead machine??
chasg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2008, 04:33 PM

Hi All,

The motherboard on my G5 desktop died, so I've got a new Mac Pro (yay). Unfortunately, I can't de-activate the Adobe software on the dead machine (yes, it's a legit copy), and I don't have any activations left (my laptop is using the second one).

Anyone else encounter and solve this problem? I'm wondering how Adobe will react if I ever manage to find a number to call them.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chas

larkost
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 08:09 PM

It will be a hassle (having gone through this myself), but the solution is to call Adobe. Have everything that came in the box in front of you (if you can) when you make the call. It will probably take some time, but it will work.

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2008, 08:12 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought might be necessary, thanks for the confirmation. I've been searching my office to try to find the box! (it's around here somewhere...).

Thanks again,

Chas

zerostar
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2008, 10:53 AM

I had to do this as well, they treated me like a thief! But it eventually got done (at the end she "noted" my license) can you boot the G5 Hard Drive and deactivate that way? A firewire enclosure should do it...

Jonesy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2008, 01:57 PM

I had exactly the same problem. Phoned Adobe, who fixed it no problem. I believe this is the only way to do it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules