Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Eyeconnect media server and Philips LCD TV.

Eyeconnect media server and Philips LCD TV.
MickeyZ
Jan 28, 2009, 08:25 PM

Hi,
I'm looking for help with setting up eyeconnect media server on my MacBook Pro. I have installed this application/System Preference pane on my MBP and can start it successfully. I have a Philips LCD 37PFL9603 TV, which has the ethernet connection and is DLNA compatible. The TV is connected to the ethernet port on Time Capsule and the MBP is connected to TC wirelessly. When I scan for media servers on the TV there is nothing found. Both the TV and MBP are configured with static IP addresses and I can ping the TV from MBP. I also tried TwonkyMedia server with no success - the TV just doesn't find any media servers on the network.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mickey
15" MacBook Pro, Intel i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

MickeyZ  (op)
Jan 30, 2009, 10:22 AM

I think the problem I have has something to do with the MBP/media server app setup. I installed TVersity on an old WindXP laptop and connected it to Time Capsule. The TV immediatelly found TVersity media server and displayed it's Movie/Music/Photo folders. So it seems that the TV's UPnP/DLNA protocol is working fine and the Time Capsule is not blocking media server traffic.

I also tried Plex, but with no luck. Anyone with media server experience on Mac OS X?

Mickey
15" MacBook Pro, Intel i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Lovetrain
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2009, 09:03 PM

Dear MickeyZ

I can report that I have the same problem:
- MacBook Pro 2,2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with Harddrive 120 GB (Mac OS X 10.5.6), Philips 37PFL9603D/10 and elgato EyeConnect 1.5.3 (TwonkeyMedia always caused system errors ... this is why I stopped trying TwonkesMedia).

I connected Phillips TV to Airport Express (DHCP) and the Airport Express by WLAN to my MacBook Pro and tried to make the Philips TV find my Computer or to get the Philips TV listed in the device-list of EyeConnect.

But without success.

I would be glad if anyone could help me (us)!

Best regards from Germany
Christian

digifan1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2009, 04:46 AM

Hi, both of you. I have the same problem with the same setup. Did you find the remedy for mac? (Beside dual boot).

Best Regards,
Ilya.

Forum Links
Forum Rules