Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWeb and IE

iWeb and IE
surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2009, 12:22 PM

After a few years of using Joomla for website development, I decided to take a break and give iWeb a try. It's very easy to use and one can make a great looking site quickly. The problem is cross-browser compatibility.

My test site looks great in Safari, but there not in IE6. Is there a way to modify the tags (or css) to include alternate element properties for IE (such as IE hacks?).

Thanks.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2009, 12:55 PM

Nothing looks good in IE 6. It needs to day, and it is dying fortunately and finally. If everything is readable in IE6, you can be content. Somebody who is still using this browser obviously gives a crap about how things look anyway.

Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2009, 01:34 PM

Ignore IE6. And IE7 if it doesn't look entirely crap. I was fortunate to have my site just happen to look fine in IE7, but if it didn't I can't say that I would have cared. Microsoft doesn't care about following web standards, so there's no reason to care about hacking up sites to make them work with IE. When a majority of the web starts looking like crap on IE, people will switch faster than ever.

Forum Links
Forum Rules