Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can I disable Safari's "Are you sure you want to send a form again?"

Can I disable Safari's "Are you sure you want to send a form again?"
smileLP
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2009, 04:15 PM

man this is annoying!

when you want to go back a page or two on certain websites, this annoying window pops up and stops you in your tracks. especially annoying trying to be productive on amazon's site!

any help appreciated; seems to be new for version 10.5.7

cgc
Professional Poster
May 22, 2009, 07:30 PM

This has been the case for ages...nothing new.

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2009, 07:32 PM

for me, it seems to have gotten worse w/the latest update (i just bought a new mac pro)

it was not as intrusive w/the software i had just prior to this, newest. seemed to do it less or some such

cgc
Professional Poster
May 23, 2009, 01:02 PM

I get that "annoying window" only when I enter something in a form, click forward (or next), then try to go back via Safari's back button. Same thing with some secure sites...I've had no issues with Amazon and I go there to buy almost everything.

What specifically is the window saying (post a screenshot) and what are you doing or what did you just do prior to clicking the back button? Does this happen in Safari and Firefox?

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2009, 02:47 PM

hi, it doesn't happen in firefox, only safari, and it's the exact thing you describe. after posting info in a form, clicking forward, and then trying to go back via the back button

i post a TON of things on amazon and would find it useful to be able to go back at times by hitting the backspace button 3X in rapid succession

but now i get that annoying window which makes it virtually impossible

thanks....

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2009, 03:06 PM

That window is there to prevent you from accidentally performing certain actions twice, like double-ordering something with your credit card, or duplicate-posting on a message forum.

edit: some moderator has no sense of humor! Those duplicate posts were there for irony.
( Last edited by CharlesS; May 23, 2009 at 08:59 PM. )

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2009, 03:17 PM

i know the theory for that window, but in reality, for people who do what i do, like post a lot of stuff for sale on amazon, it's very counterproductive. thanks

cgc
Professional Poster
May 23, 2009, 07:44 PM

Prolly should use Firefox for your Amazon sales then. I've found a few sites where I almost have to use Firefox...not many...

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2009, 07:47 PM

sadly, that's what i've concluded (using firefox for certain activities)

Forum Links
Forum Rules