Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Window size

Window size
Eldberg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2010, 12:20 PM

I just bought an iMac with that huge 27" screen. Now when I open an application, it comes up in a very wide window, taking up much more space than the contents. So I keep dragging the size tab to make the windows smaller. It does not appear to save window sizes; the next time I open the same document, again it's taking up 80% of the screen.

This is Snow Leopard and I'm mostly using Adobe CS4 and OpenOffice.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Åke

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 6, 2010, 04:35 PM

I wish I knew the answer to that one too. InDesign wants to take up most of my 24" monitor, and every time I open a file I have to resize it. This does not happen with Word, or Safari, Firefox, BBEdit,Entourage etc. Maybe it's just Adobe's lack of care for quality as opposed tp shear quantity of features. writing window size to a pref file is elementary.

Forum Links
Forum Rules