Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Mazin

Mazin
Hinson
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2010, 03:02 PM

Let me admit it up front--I'm trying to promote an app I personally designed.

That said, I've been a long time viewer of MacNN, and while I'm not active in the forums (as I was several years back), I still look in from time to time.

So what's my problem? First, I've designed an original maze-based puzzle game for the iPhone OS called Mazin. The game play is pretty unique as you drag a play block through a labyrinth of cells to reach a home location. You have to use special cells that rotate the play block, shrink it, expand it, or change another cell in the maze. Not only does it come with 35 challenging mazes, but you can build your own mazes and share them wirelessly with other Mazin owners!

The trouble is I can't get it noticed. People who have played it seem to like it, but too few people know its out there.

So what can you do? Well if you've got a spare buck laying around, go search for Mazin in the app store and try it out. You can also check out the game with screen-shots and instructional videos at www.mazinapp.com. If you know other iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad owners who like puzzle games, tell them about Mazin. Heck, if you and a friend grab a copy, you can design your own mazes and challenge each other.

Well, I just thought I'd throw this out there on MacNN and see how it goes. Thanks for your time.

-Jay

design219
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2010, 06:15 PM

Mazin for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

There are many iPhone game sites and forums where you can post about your game. One of the bigger game sites is Touch Arcade. Getting noticed now is very difficult with so many games and apps coming out. A lot of people make youtube videos of their games. You can also submit (with promo codes) to many of the iPhone blogs in hopes of getting a review.

Good luck, looks like a nice one.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Hinson  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
Mazin for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

There are many iPhone game sites and forums where you can post about your game. One of the bigger game sites is Touch Arcade. Getting noticed now is very difficult with so many games and apps coming out. A lot of people make youtube videos of their games. You can also submit (with promo codes) to many of the iPhone blogs in hopes of getting a review.

Good luck, looks like a nice one.
Thanks for the info. I posted some YouTube videos that are available at mazinapp.com. I'll also check out toucharcade.com. The game market is truly tough, especially for a one-man-show with no advertising department, etc.

Fortunately, building the game was an interesting learning experience. Otherwise, it might not be worth it for a single programmer to create an iGame. If I take it to the next level (create an online community for sharing and scoring user-built mazes) I won't fool myself into thinking it's going to make me money, I'll do it just for the fun of it.

Still, here's hoping I'll still get a break somehow.

-Jay

Forum Links
Forum Rules