Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > CD doesn't eject

CD doesn't eject
gonadman
Mar 6, 2002, 03:03 PM

Quite often when I press the eject button on my very 'still smellin the plastic' new iBook it clicks three times, but no eject. Is this a common thing among iceBooks, or should I be sending it in for a repair? I only got this thing last Friday!

Sander
Mar 6, 2002, 04:24 PM

It happened to me once but when I tried the eject button again and holding it for a couple of seconds, it worked.

Have you tried the Command (Apple) + E? I use this key combination when I have a CD already inside. I only use the F12 (Eject) key to load a CD.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.
Have a nice day!

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2002, 01:50 AM

Same thing happened to me 2 or 3 times in the very early life of my new iBook (mid-December). I found that just nudging the CD tray while it was clicking like that got it to open.
The problem disappeared long ago though, and everything works beautifully now!

Jakal03
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2002, 05:57 AM

Originally posted by gonadman:
<STRONG>Quite often when I press the eject button on my very 'still smellin the plastic' new iBook it clicks three times, but no eject. Is this a common thing among iceBooks, or should I be sending it in for a repair? I only got this thing last Friday!</STRONG>
It must just be your iBook, because I have had mine for 5 months without any problems..
Patrick Horne
MacMan

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2002, 06:05 AM

I saw someone else's iBook have that problem. It was the newer 14" job and it refused to eject the disk even once dragged to the trash. Had to use a paper clip in the end to get it out. So if anyone see's a solution please post it hear because its still happening to them.

Mine on the other hand, a 500MHz combo, was worked fine since i got it.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

nest18
Mar 7, 2002, 07:55 AM

I've seen someoen who had this problem too. It seems that the CD tray is too thigh on the track. hopefully it will loose the more you use it.

Mine worked perfectly since june last year. (500 - Combo)
An apple a day keep the Doctor Away :P

Forum Links
Forum Rules