Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Accessing old Entourage Email saved of Time Capsule

Accessing old Entourage Email saved of Time Capsule
phkc070408
Oct 6, 2010, 04:27 PM

I have a Mac Pro with a Time Capsule and I use Entourage for email. I need to retrieve an email that I received 3 weeks ago and immediately trashed.

I know that Entourage saves all email into one file, User/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/Main Identity/Database.

Is there any way to open this "Database" file and view its contents?

I could temporarily rename my current one to "Database2" and copy the old one into my current desktop, view that, then remove it and restore the name and location of the current one. Would that work? I would just do it, but I don't want to risk loosing all of my current email as well.

Thank You. PRH

Cold Warrior
Oct 6, 2010, 05:47 PM

Create a new Entourage identity, then let it create Database there. Replace it with your backed-up Database then get the email (you can drag-drop it to the Desktop).

This way you don't have to do anything to your Main Identity.

Launch back into your Main Identity and drag-drop the email from your Desktop to Entourage. It'll show there and become part of its Database.

Forum Links
Forum Rules