Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Powerbook software bundles...

New Powerbook software bundles...
BMWDrum
Forum Regular
May 14, 2002, 08:51 PM

I just bought a new ti800, upgrading from my 500 ibook (original with CD-rom) What an improvment I must say!!!

I noticed that Apple is bundling quite a bit of software on this machine than past machines I have purchased...

One prog in particular is Graphic Converter, very nice....The ONLY problem is, when I updated GC to 4.4 today, I have no way of knowing the S/N to use on the new version to make it "purchased"

Any other PB owners out there that know what I'm talking about and how to find out the S/N??
Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the hydrant.

mithral
May 15, 2002, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by BMWDrum:
<STRONG>I just bought a new ti800, upgrading from my 500 ibook (original with CD-rom) What an improvment I must say!!!

I noticed that Apple is bundling quite a bit of software on this machine than past machines I have purchased...

One prog in particular is Graphic Converter, very nice....The ONLY problem is, when I updated GC to 4.4 today, I have no way of knowing the S/N to use on the new version to make it "purchased"

Any other PB owners out there that know what I'm talking about and how to find out the S/N??</STRONG>
It's shareware. You have to register it -- try the website. Apple has started putting common shareware both on iDisks and new machines. It's good for developers (cuz they get more exposure/ sales). And it's nice to not have to download all that shareware.

But you still gotta register it!

-mithral
Curse you, El Macho!

jblakeh1
Senior User
May 15, 2002, 12:19 AM

The version that shipped with the TiBook is registered to 'Apple Bundle'- which implies you can use it without paying for it- but you apparently have to pay for an upgrade.

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2002, 01:15 AM

What version comes with the PowerBooks... 4.3?

dillerX
Professional Poster
May 15, 2002, 02:08 PM

It is the same software bundle that came with my Dual 1G. And yes, seems you have to pay if you upgrade.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

msykes
Senior User
May 15, 2002, 02:20 PM

By the way... can anyone suggest other powerbook-specific software which they might like to see included? The only one I could think of is a Pixel Checking program (I've used PiXel Check).

I have had some email contact with a person at Apple who is responsible for third party software bundles on Powerbooks, so I could make some suggestions if we compile a list.

Forum Links
Forum Rules