Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > I've Got An Open Mind. List The Top 3 Reasons I Should Vote For Obama

I've Got An Open Mind. List The Top 3 Reasons I Should Vote For Obama (Page 2)
kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 03:15 AM

Hi again, Dork.

subego
Clinically Insane

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
No, he doesn't. He heard it somewhere and is parroting it.
Yes I do. I saw it awhile ago and misremembered.

I provided a link and corrected my mistake, but thanks for the attack on my integrity anyway.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie

Originally Posted by Abe
do you have a link for that?
No, he doesn't. He heard it somewhere and is parroting it. I've seen the clip in question and Romney actually gives the man quite a lot of focused attention considering the average amount of time you can give folks at venues like these. The man continues with "life-saving medication..." and closes with; "Are you going to arrest me and my doctors for prescribing me medical marijuana?" (a ridiculous "gotcha" question as only an asshole could tee up). Romney replies; "I'm sorry to hear about this" [the man's condition] and then said "I'm against medical marijuana."

See, most people (other than assholes) can have civil disagreement on such issues, but this isn't good enough for the visceral left. Instead of realizing that such an offense would likely mean fines over immediate arrest and detention, they're going to leap to their own fabricated FUD.They must exploit enter horrific personal circumstance here for nothing more than to paint politicians with an (R) after their name haters of the poor, the handicapped, and the affirm. Of course that's what opposition to legalizing marijuana is; not a concern for keeping it out of the mainstream public, but hating the handicapped.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 03:19 AM

Hmm... I must be psychic.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Hmm... I must be psychic.
I'd appreciate it if you'd wait 'til I'm done editing my post before responding.

Not sure how it ended being another post of its own, but...
ebuddy

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
It has already been done. Now if I could remember the name... oh here's some.
As for Obama, I could list more than 3 things he's accomplished, or link to lots of websites that detail everything... but likely those are things you don't like anyhow. So here's my optimist worldview from MA:
1) The economy is getting better. Jobs are increasing.
2) This is due to spurring green and tech jobs, and yes bailing out the auto industry was a good move.
3) Mitt Romney is an asshole.

1. Obama’s Green Energy Disaster: $578,333 per Job

Back in November 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama vowed: “We’ll invest $15 billion a year over the next decade in renewable energy, creating five million new green jobs that pay well.”

Going on four years later, “Obama seems incapable of keeping this promise,” nationally syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock writes in an analysis published by National Review Online.

The Department of Energy’s website boasts that three “clean energy” initiatives loaned $34.7 billion and created “nearly 60,000” jobs.

It does not point out that each of these jobs therefore cost taxpayers $578,333.
http://news.newsmax.com/?ZKIRXZya74I3J8101TKDzja7zQyzNlI1Z

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 03:27 AM

I'd appreciate it if you'd wait 'til I'm done editing my post before responding.
Not sure how it ended being another post of its own, but...
It's a post which contains an unfounded attack on me. I don't feel required to wait in that circumstance.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 03:29 AM

Yes I do. I saw it awhile ago and misremembered.
I provided a link and corrected my mistake, but thanks for the attack on my integrity anyway.
"misremembered" meaning -- it was your caricature of a politician you disagree with? I got it. When all else fails, apparently character assassinations are all that's left. Now you know how Romney feels.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 03:32 AM

"misremembered" meaning -- it was your caricature of a politician you disagree with? I got it. When all else fails, apparently character assassinations are all that's left. Now you know how Romney feels.
Right. That's why I corrected myself.

I've done absolutely nothing to deserve this treatment. I have no interest in having a discussion with you if you can't be civil.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2012, 03:40 AM

When Art retired the first time they had revolving host auditions. George Noory, Ian Punnett, and Rollye James. Of the three, Rollye was my favorite.
Rollye James is on XM/Sirius and she has a free online stream. I'm surprised you like her. Rollye James is Alex Jones sister from another mister.
45/47

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 03:42 AM

Right. That's why I corrected myself.
I've done absolutely nothing to deserve this treatment. I have no interest in having a discussion with you if you can't be civil.
Of course, "misremembering" an event so you can contribute to others' character assassination of someone you disagree with is civil. I'm guessing you're not all that interested in civility. That's the whole point -- meanies calling others meanies.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 03:45 AM

By the way, you retracted your recollection of the man's affliction, not the resulting character assassination on Romney. It was a hit & run, just admit it.
ebuddy

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2012, 04:01 AM

I always find it so amazing to watch American politics from a distance - the two-horse race is quite a different beast, I must say.

People who 3 months ago were claiming Romney was a boatload of trouble, will now support him at any turn. Why? No other options except "the enemy", that's why. The good or bad, black or white, with us or agin us mentality of US politics is hard to grasp unless you see it in action, I think.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
I think the past 3+ years of the Obama administration will come to be seen by historians as a dangerous aberration in our nation's history. I think very little of Obama and I am even MORE disappointed by this nation's media for leading the band and convincing the American voters that Obama was a viable candidate for president in 2008 when he obviously wasn't...and then, because they wanted to cover their collective arses from facing up to their previous mistake, they kept up this ruse in this year's election.
lol! That doesn't read like "open mind" to me!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Yup, it's really him! 

Abe is here to save MacNN from itself.
Awesome. I wonder how many people are in control of the Abe account this time?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
1. As bad as he is, he's better than the alternative.
2. What's taken over the right wing in this country has no moral compass.
3. If Romney wins, it will be the death knell for the American middle class, which is what keeps this country afloat, and we'll all be working for minimum wage, with no benefits.
As for the middle class, as projected by the Romney campaign, here's what will happen.

http://m.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01?sc=INTRAPR003&utm_medium=email&utm_source= et&utm_content=link_body_bitly&utm_campaign=153661 6_270594_Mitt%20Romney

I wonder what Barack Obama's plans are...does he even HAVE a plan??? And how does it compare to the Romney plan if B.O. even has one?

Not that it matters. It would contain creative lies and/or almost truths.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
You apparently have no idea how much the MSM has been lying to you, and for how long. Go look at http://newsbusters.org/ to see the daily documented lies from the media.
Daily documented lies from *one side* of the media. It would have more credibility if it wasn't so obviously biased.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 05:21 AM

Hi, Dakar.
Tell me something, did the staff invite you back to the PL lounge, or are you skirting your ban and posting under a new account? The irony is, with the system, your old forum-level ban no longer works, which means you may be an interesting case in the next few days.

So, because I'm willing to consider the possibility I may be too harsh on Barack Obama, I invite you to list 3 reasons, (your BEST persuasive arguments, please) why I or anyone who loves America (foreign agents excepted) should support a second Obama term in the White House.

OBABALONEY!
Well, I see you haven't changed. The same supposed democrat that had a miraculous conversion to a Bush loving patriot is parroting terribly coined terms from Romney. Open mind my ass.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 06:21 AM

I'm guessing you're not all that interested in civility.
Actually, I am.

I likewise care enough about our relationship (such as it is) to be concerned you feel I've committed a transgression meriting this severe a response.

I'd like to defend myself, however I'm at a distinct disadvantage if you're not open to the possibility you've misjudged my motives.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 06:27 AM

Election season has a way of winding everyone up. The narrative being overhyped, the transparent lies, the mud slung, it all just riles up emotions and clouds the judgement. It's a bit infuriating.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 09:06 AM

You exaggerate. He's particularly good at running big organizations and making them work well. Would you call a very good farmer a food grubbing agricultural whore? Would you call a very good computer programmer a gigabytre grubbing tech whore? Mitt has a history of turning around troubled organizational entities, and when possible, making them successful and profitable. He works to make owners, management, shareholders and employees money. I want HIM to put his skills and talents to work for me and for America.
Because making money is the most important thing in the world, Money, Money, Money. This attitude is morally bankrupt, and the root cause of many of this country's problems. Someone who's only goal is the acquisition of wealth for himself and his shareholders doesn't deserve to be the figurehead of a country.
We are sure to go over a cliff if Obama is allowed a second term.
Hyperbolic nonsense. Of course, eliciting the fear response in the voting public has always been the Conservative's strong suit. Romney will be just as big government as Obama is. He'll play the hot-button cards like Birth Control, Welfare, NPR funding, etc... which will save a droplet of water in the gushing waterfall that is our national debt and the Conservatives with herald him as the second coming. Meanwhile Congress will remain locked in perpetual inaction as the middle class continues to struggle in this economy, waiting for the "tax cuts for the rich" to trickle down to them.

The polarization of the country is again complete. Both sets of cheerleaders have their pom-poms, and are practicing their routines, everything will be exaggerated to it's fullest extent and any real issue will be buried under a thick layer of complete nonsense. Your return to the forums is almost prophetic in a way since from now to election time, both in the forums and elsewhere, we can expect a whole heaping helping of bullshit.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Tell me something, did the staff invite you back to the PL lounge, or are you skirting your ban and posting under a new account? The irony is, with the system, your old forum-level ban no longer works, which means you may be an interesting case in the next few days.
Well, I see you haven't changed. The same supposed democrat that had a miraculous conversion to a Bush loving patriot is parroting terribly coined terms from Romney. Open mind my ass.
Stating that he has an open mind and still believing that the jury is out on whether Obama was born in America (as he stated in another thread) should provide ample clue that this the real Abe, and not some imposter!

It's all quite comforting, really. It's nice that some things don't change.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 09:15 AM

Election season has a way of winding everyone up. The narrative being overhyped, the transparent lies, the mud slung, it all just riles up emotions and clouds the judgement. It's a bit infuriating.
A bit? That's a bit of an understatement!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post

Because making money is the most important thing in the world, Money, Money, Money. This attitude is morally bankrupt, and the root cause of many of this country's problems. Someone who's only goal is the acquisition of wealth for himself and his shareholders doesn't deserve to be the figurehead of a country.

Hyperbolic nonsense. Of course, eliciting the fear response in the voting public has always been the Conservative's strong suit. Romney will be just as big government as Obama is. He'll play the hot-button cards like Birth Control, Welfare, NPR funding, etc... which will save a droplet of water in the gushing waterfall that is our national debt and the Conservatives with herald him as the second coming. Meanwhile Congress will remain locked in perpetual inaction as the middle class continues to struggle in this economy, waiting for the "tax cuts for the rich" to trickle down to them.

The polarization of the country is again complete. Both sets of cheerleaders have their pom-poms, and are practicing their routines, everything will be exaggerated to it's fullest extent and any real issue will be buried under a thick layer of complete nonsense. Your return to the forums is almost prophetic in a way since from now to election time, both in the forums and elsewhere, we can expect a whole heaping helping of bullshit.
Which is exactly why I've been stating that the results of this election won't really matter much, ultimately. Great minds think alike!

Abe has always been prophetic though, even when he came here regularly, and even when he was wrong about stuff in the past, that's just part of his Abeness. Please do not drive him away, I cannot handle another withdraw period emotionally, and I'm not sure I have it in me to forgive him if he ever departs again without at least a formal goodbye and an indication as to when he might be back.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 09:21 AM

A bit? That's a bit of an understatement!
Eh, we're all human, right? It's not like I'm immune (or my sudden participation in PL really is due to the new platform – thanks Huddler!).

What depresses me is watching posters jerk far left or right compared to their regular posts, likely thanks to being inundated with talking points, hyperbole, and lies thanks to the campaigns.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 09:22 AM

BTW, Kudos to coming up with a good nickname Abe.

I've wondered whether several MacNN users were secretly Abe so many times over the years that I grew completely numb. When I saw your nickname I figured it was just too good to be true, and I didn't want to believe that it was you.

I believe now. I believe.

Would you autograph this Abe portrait for me if I asked?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 10:09 AM

http://www.4thestate.net/liberal-media-bias/
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Awesome. I wonder how many people are in control of the Abe account this time?
Hahahahahahaha!

Wiskedjak, you always did have a way with words.

Edit: Maybe closer to the truth is that you never minced words before and in your very first exchange after my return I see evidence hat you're still the same.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=besson3c;4182621]BTW, Kudos to coming up with a good nickname Abe.

I've wondered whether several MacNN users were secretly Abe so many times over the years that I grew completely numb. When I saw your nickname I figured it was just too good to be true, and I didn't want to believe that it was you.

I believe now. I believe.

Would you autograph this Abe portrait for me if I asked?

You remember!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:22 AM

Eh, we're all human, right? It's not like I'm immune (or my sudden participation in PL really is due to the new platform – thanks Huddler!).
What depresses me is watching posters jerk far left or right compared to their regular posts, likely thanks to being inundated with talking points, hyperbole, and lies thanks to the campaigns.
THAT'S THE POINT! The Conservatives and Moderates of most any stripe these days are looking at this differently than most Progressives or Liberal seem to be.

Most on the Left don't understand that Barack Obama is a danger to America. It's not an election it is America's future on the line. We haven't faced this kind of danger before.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM

Did you miss my other post? How are you back, Abe?

Most on the Left don't understand that Barack Obama is a danger to America. It's not an election it is America's future on the line. We haven't faced this kind of danger before.
Oh please, illustrate the hyperbole.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
http://www.4thestate.net/liberal-media-bias/
So, explain the failure of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and maybe PBS to cover the news about the success of the book, "The Amateur." Maybe it's becausethe book so effectively reveals the Obama administration's failings and dirty deeds that it would likely hurt Obama's chances for reelection.

If your stats are true one way to explain it is that some of the editors have realized their only hope to save their reputations is to bend over toward giving Romney a little more 'play.'

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:41 AM

Did you miss my other post? How are you back, Abe?
Oh please, illustrate the hyperbole.
If you want to exchange ideas here I'm happy to do so.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 11:45 AM

If you want to exchange ideas here I'm happy to do so.
Abe, are evading a ban? Because you certainly seem to be evading my question.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:50 AM

Which is exactly why I've been stating that the results of this election won't really matter much, ultimately. Great minds think alike!

Abe has always been prophetic though, even when he came here regularly, and even when he was wrong about stuff in the past, that's just part of his Abeness. Please do not drive him away, I cannot handle another withdraw period emotionally, and I'm not sure I have it in me to forgive him if he ever departs again without at least a formal goodbye and an indication as to when he might be back.
Thank you, Bess! In some ways you see me as I see myself. And sometimes you see me even more clearly. But then there are times when you can't seem to see at all, at all.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 11:53 AM

Abe, are evading a ban? Because you certainly seem to be evading my question.
Let me try saying it another way. I am not addressing anything with you which might encourage your obsession.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 11:55 AM

Let me try saying it another way. I am not addressing anything with you which might encourage your obsession.
Same old coward.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 12:11 PM

It's not an election it is America's future on the line. We haven't faced this kind of danger before.
God that's hilarious, it's like you can't even see how ridiculous saying a thing like that is.

Civil War? Nuclear arms race? Nah, Barack Obama is more of a danger than either of those. How convenient that a Republican, your party of choice, can swoop in and save us from all this danger, just like they saved us from terror and Saddam Hussein. Man those Republicans sure do save the country from terrible fates all the time.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 12:16 PM

You'd think we'd have at least faced this kind of danger in 2008.

I guess during the presidency Obama wove a cocoon, entering as a secret muslim atheist socialist caterpillar and now finally emerging as an anti-christ butterfly.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 12:26 PM

If the Bush tax cuts need more time to mature then wouldn't Obama's policies do well to gestate for another term?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 12:29 PM

Would you let the anti-christ gestate in his mother womb or would you abort him before he's fully formed?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 01:10 PM

THAT'S THE POINT! The Conservatives and Moderates of most any stripe these days are looking at this differently than most Progressives or Liberal seem to be.
Not since the last imminent danger we faced before, right? That would have been something involving the Middle East and Iraq, according to you?

Also, Obama could be a foreign agent.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 01:13 PM

Thank you, Bess! In some ways you see me as I see myself. And sometimes you see me even more clearly. But then there are times when you can't seem to see at all, at all.
I see you right now buddy. Don't worry, I got your back. I see.

I also see that Obama needs to show us his damn birth certificate

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post

God that's hilarious, it's like you can't even see how ridiculous saying a thing like that is.

Civil War? Nuclear arms race? Nah, Barack Obama is more of a danger than either of those. How convenient that a Republican, your party of choice, can swoop in and save us from all this danger, just like they saved us from terror and Saddam Hussein. Man those Republicans sure do save the country from terrible fates all the time.
They just keep on giving and giving, and sometimes we don't give back.

I say the least we can do is ensure that they don't have to pay any taxes!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 01:21 PM

Hey Abe,

Since the oil reserves in Libya are the fifth largest in the world, I guess it would make sense for you to be happy about Obama invading Libya and securing the world's oil supply?

Funny how that seemed to be a little more efficient than our Iraq invasion?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 02:27 PM

Hey Abe,

Since the oil reserves in Libya are the fifth largest in the world, I guess it would make sense for you to be happy about Obama invading Libya and securing the world's oil supply?

Funny how that seemed to be a little more efficient than our Iraq invasion?
Securing the oil supplies in the M.E. Insuring Saddam didn't use WMD's. Making sure Israel didn't have to protect herself and thereby start a larger war. Removing a threat to Iraq's neighbors. Eliminating a regime which was a constant threat needing Allied military might to keep in line. Finishing the Guilf War due to Saddam's breaking the Cease fire agreements.

Those are some of the sound reasons for invading Iraq when we did. And any time you do something a second time I hope you will have learned how to do it better than you did your first time. Remember, we didn't help te Libyan freedom fighters in order to get something from them or to accomplish any of the goals I mentioned above.

Even though BO is incompetent, over his head, wrong-headed, sneaky, deceitful, has an alien's view of what it means to be American, was heavily influenced by Communists and Socialists and other flaws too numerous to mention, it doesn't mean he is always 100% wrong.

After all, he got OBL.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2012, 03:55 PM

has an alien's view of what it means to be American
As if Romney isn't pandering to the greys.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2012, 05:13 PM

1. Better than George W. Bush.
2. Better than George HW Bush
3. Better than Mitt Romney
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
lol! That doesn't read like "open mind" to me!

So far only andi*pandi has responded to my thread with a real set of arguments. Unfortunately for the Obama campaign andi*pandi's arguments were not successful in getting me to change my mind about Romney's SUITABLIITY and Obama's UNSUITABILITY for the job of POTUS.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
You have reason to be disappointed in yourself. Having access to the electronic technology which makes it possible to read books and news sources and watch film and videos which would inform and enlighten you, you persist in remaining uninformed about the dangers of Obama. Your three item list of "persuasive arguments" are obviously meant to be humorous. So, I will laugh with you as we both recognize there may be no good reasons to vote for Obama.

Forum Links
Forum Rules