Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Analyst claims iPad mini, Apple TV set in full production

Analyst claims iPad mini, Apple TV set in full production
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 17, 2012, 09:40 AM

Both a mini iPad and an Apple TV set are in "full production," argues Jefferies analyst Peter Misek. The iPad claim is based on checks with Apple's main supplier, Foxconn, which allegedly indicate that the company is planning to build 25 million new iPads during the September quarter, and another 30 million in the December quarter. The manufacturer also saw an unusual 5 percent monthly bump in revenues during July, which Misek suggests could be linked to building the new tablet. The extra iPad production is over 50 percent higher than Misek's own predictions of 16 million and 18 million units for the two quarters.

The TV claim is based on data from Sharp, Hon Hai/Foxconn, and various chemical and TV component suppliers. He moreover suggests that a new non-gaming customer picked up by JDS Uniphase could mean Apple, which may imply that the TV set will indeed have rumored gesture controls. "They indicated this is a new 'living room' based customer," the analyst writes. "We believe Apple will leverage AT&T's and Verizon's content deals for the iTV." Possibly undermining Misek's TV claims is a report from the Wall Street Journal, suggesting that Apple is now working in the direction of a set-top box. The paper has also said that Apple has (so far) failed to get any licensing agreements with cable operators, which would be essential for the set-top, and possibly a dedicated TV as well. "We expect either the iPad Mini to launch in CQ4 with the iTV either launching in CQ4 or CQ1," Misek comments. Based on the new product forecasts, the analyst has raised his price target for Apple stock to $900.

blahblahbber
Banned
Aug 17, 2012, 10:11 AM

TV cable is dead... and should die unless they put real education in there, like "know your constitution"... "How to video tape, preserve, upload, and contact the right authorities when witnessing police brutality". Also "Get familiar with what you eat" (GMO education) & and executive order onscreen updates, real world news not filtered, not created in the US, like Financial Times.

Blacklistednews website integration and such would be nice. Yeah, then I'll buy it. Good one sour apple, help the industry that lies the most. This company is really starting to suck BIGTIME. 900 in stock price?..... Don't make me laugh.... the hype is going out the window this year. People will have more important things on their mind, unless you are sheep. Oh wait, we are talking about sheeple here again, ok moving on. VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
...we are talking about sheeple here again, ok moving on. VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY
Ok troll, I will bite: Since you are so confident regarding AAPL going down, make us your offer to sell AAPL Call options.

climacs
Senior User
Aug 17, 2012, 11:38 AM

TV cable is dead... and should die unless they put real education in there

you really don't know how commercial television works, do you?

By the way... the original vision for television (and later public TV) was that it would be this wonderful educational tool.

As always, big money won out. Advertisers pay for television (which ain't cheap to produce, if you're doing it right that is), and they want viewers. People by and large don't want to watch educational TV. They want to be entertained. Even when they are being (dis)informed, they want to be entertained.

Even public television is more arts and cultural programming than it is educational.

That ship sailed long ago. You're not a horrible troll... it's just that the message you're peddling is irrelevant.

blahblahbber
Banned
Aug 18, 2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by SierraDragon View Post
Ok troll, I will bite: Since you are so confident regarding AAPL going down, make us your offer to sell AAPL Call options.
If you look into my past postings, I recommended nokia stock when it was even at $1.80 per share, now doubling in one month. December is around the corner, wonder what it will be then; pureview is the future device for handhelds; it's just the OS that needs a new life.... You ask me anything about Apple stock, I quickly go deaf. Sorry, the ride will be over soon. That is all I can say.

blahblahbber
Banned
Aug 18, 2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by climacs View Post
you really don't know how commercial television works, do you?
By the way... the original vision for television (and later public TV) was that it would be this wonderful educational tool.
As always, big money won out. Advertisers pay for television (which ain't cheap to produce, if you're doing it right that is), and they want viewers. People by and large don't want to watch educational TV. They want to be entertained. Even when they are being (dis)informed, they want to be entertained.
Even public television is more arts and cultural programming than it is educational.
That ship sailed long ago. You're not a horrible troll... it's just that the message you're peddling is irrelevant.
May have sailed long ago but with devices like the pureview, that by itself is really a game changer, just need software development and integration. Marry that with a new way of streaming live and recorded content from your device (pureview), which brings great looking content to the public. There, public TV can thrive once again... again, people are making films with this thing! Cable companies know that once the data streams (bandwidth) grows, TV will be out the window... Look at Verizon FIOS... its fast!... but then verizon blocks the ports to prevent servers from using the network. This is nothing but BS

Forum Links
Forum Rules