Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple announces September 12 press event

Apple announces September 12 press event
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 4, 2012, 08:56 AM

Apple has put an end to widespread rumors and sent out email invitations to a September 12 press event. The gathering will be held at 10AM at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, a common venue for Apple presentations. The invitation graphic appears to explicitly refer to a new iPhone, with the text "It's almost here" above the date, and the number 12 casting a "5" shadow.

The event should also see several other products announced. Apple is, for instance, expected to update its iPod lineup as it does every fall; the 2012 focus may be on the iPod touch and/or nano, both of which had no substantial changes in 2011. The company is also said to be preparing an 8-inch iPad, something that might stave off competition from other small-sized tablets like Amazon's Kindle Fire and the Google Nexus 7. The iPhone 5 should see a number of enhancements over the 4S, including a 4-inch screen and LTE 4G. All of Apple's mobile devices are expected to transition to a new dock connector format, rendering many accessories and peripherals obsolete, but allowing Apple to build thinner and/or more densely packed electronics.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Sep 4, 2012, 12:14 PM

iPad Mini!

hayesk
Sep 4, 2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Grendelmon View Post
iPad Mini!
I doubt it. Not on that day. That day the iPhone will take center stage and share it with no one.

The iPad mini will come later.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2012, 01:40 PM

I guess that lays to rest the iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 6 discussion.

Grendelmon
Senior User
Sep 5, 2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
I doubt it. Not on that day. That day the iPhone will take center stage and share it with no one.
The iPad mini will come later.
Yeah, I've been reading that it's October, but one can hope.

devospice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2012, 08:13 AM

I have to say that is a really clever design, using the shadow of the 12 to form a 5. It's simple, subtle, and genius. Apple has always done some top notch design work, but just the main concept behind this one is genius.

->Later.....Spice

blahblahbber
Banned
Sep 6, 2012, 09:26 PM

Can't wait... iPhone 5, here we come.... just itching to get controlled by the location-based video disabling via infrared... cops are gonna love that. Oh, what?.... You don't like that?!?.... well, hey not like you have a choice now do you. Are you dumb enough to pay for technology that tracks and controls you? I'll bet on that.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 6, 2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
Can't wait... iPhone 5, here we come.... just itching to get controlled by the location-based video disabling via infrared... cops are gonna love that. Oh, what?.... You don't like that?!?.... well, hey not like you have a choice now do you. Are you dumb enough to pay for technology that tracks and controls you? I'll bet on that.
Does it bring you pleasure to try to provoke people here? If so, interesting hobby you have...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 7, 2012, 01:40 AM

Please don't quote blahblahbber. It breaks the ignore function.

Forum Links
Forum Rules