Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 fixes botched update

OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 fixes botched update
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 20, 2012, 02:53 PM

Apple has released a new software update, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0. The code fixes the issues behind an earlier release, and should let the 2012 Mac mini, 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, and 2012 iMac properly upgrade to v10.8.2. "This update addresses an issue with Keychain that can affect 2012 Mac systems," Apple's notes read.

aroxnicadi
Nov 20, 2012, 03:05 PM

It seems that Apple is botching a few things lately, with the just recent botched update to Aperture and the big mess on iOS with Maps and numerous other ones. What has happened with all their beta testers, in house as well, since they are the ones that are supposed to beta test these releases before the release them to the public, but it does'nt seem to be happening.

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 21, 2012, 05:36 AM

They moved to OPEN source technologies, that is the future.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
They moved to OPEN source technologies, that is the future.
True.

This disconcerting trend began with OS X over ten years ago, and we all know how catastrophically THAT has worked out for Apple.

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 21, 2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
True.
This disconcerting trend began with OS X over ten years ago, and we all know how catastrophically THAT has worked out for Apple.
Too bad crApple has never really made anything in-house.... mostly bought technologies....

Also, open source exploited for proprietary use is not considered OPEN source anymore. duh, fix your comment there Elmer FUD

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2012, 12:25 PM

Too bad crApple has never really made anything in-house.... mostly bought technologies....

Also, open source exploited for proprietary use is not considered OPEN source anymore. duh, fix your comment there Elmer FUD
Okay…now you're just looking ridiculously uninformed.

You're reaching so hard your underwear is showing, and it ain't pretty, bub.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2012, 04:29 AM

but for entertainment reasons just wanted to create a stink... And it worked;
I really don't understand the Tech News forum on these boards.

Pretty much all other forums, and certainly most other message boards, have clear and enforced policies against trolling.

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 23, 2012, 06:29 AM

I really don't understand the Tech News forum on these boards.
Pretty much all other forums, and certainly most other message boards, have clear and enforced policies against trolling.
In reality, I told the truth but using an absolute rather than stating "mostly true" ringing by statement.... this is not trolling, just pushing the limits. Grammar and usage are subject to personal end interpretation. You are not seeing the whole idea, though I know you are competent enough to understand it... but would rather keep it yourself and push your collective agenda.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2012, 07:21 AM

No. You were trolling.

I have no agenda on these forums, other than to NOT be annoyed by them, as far as possible.

I do not need to sell Apple; I am not a stock holder; I do not need to defend their every boneheaded decision.

My purposes here are entertainment, personal interest in the subject matter, and community. If you're trolling for entertainment value, realize that your entertainment comes at the expense of every single remaining member of this community.

Nobody gave a shit when you were just trolling news comments, and the news mods are apparently extremely lenient on trolls (as opposed to even the implication of an insult). But the news comments are now part of the forums proper.

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 23, 2012, 07:31 AM

I feel I practice this part: Personal interest in the subject matter, community, and hardly entertainment. Do you disagree Spheric?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2012, 10:03 PM

No. You were trolling.
I have no agenda on these forums, other than to NOT be annoyed by them, as far as possible.
Meh, I put him on ignore, it makes reading Mac News more pleasant if I don't have to wade through his trolling and anti-Apple drivel.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2012, 01:31 AM

Reading his posts on business use of OS X, it just seems so unnecessary.

I'd much rather have his insight and some real discussion, than just ignoring a petulant monkey flinging shit every time somebody walks by his cage.

*sigh*

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2012, 04:16 AM

Couldn't someone change his title to "Official Troll" or "Steve Ballmer" or something?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2012, 05:00 AM

I feel I practice this part: Personal interest in the subject matter, community, and hardly entertainment. Do you disagree Spheric?
You're doing your darndest to alienate the entire community.

Is being ostracized your normal mode of social interaction?

aroxnicadi
Nov 24, 2012, 06:23 AM

I'm hoping that the release of the next instalment of iTunes is taking so long is that they are trying to get it right, since it was suppose to be released last month but bumped back to the end of November, since it is one of the more integrated apps on the Mac that needs to work right since not only does it play music but also backs up our mobile devices as well as down loads the music and apps we use.

I had hoped that Apple would split it up and make a application just for mobile devices and keep iTunes for the enjoyment of music and movies.

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 24, 2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by aroxnicadi View Post
I'm hoping that the release of the next instalment of iTunes is taking so long is that they are trying to get it right, since it was suppose to be released last month but bumped back to the end of November, since it is one of the more integrated apps on the Mac that needs to work right since not only does it play music but also backs up our mobile devices as well as down loads the music and apps we use.
I had hoped that Apple would split it up and make a application just for mobile devices and keep iTunes for the enjoyment of music and movies.
yes, splitting up the application, and freeing it up with "Extensions" like in Safari is what I feel is right.... but since crApple still uses the legacy tactics of IE for microsoft updates... well, you get where this is going.... crApple=control

//vomit

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2012, 03:54 PM

Ah, there he is again.

Does your father know you're using his login to access these forums?

Ham Sandwich
Nov 24, 2012, 04:44 PM

Spheric Harlot and blahbber, would you two take your pissing contest somewhere else? I'm quite certain that people come to post on the news threads for reasons other than what is and isn't on who's agenda (or what's in a guy's underwear for that matter)

blahblahbber
Banned
Nov 25, 2012, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Andrej View Post
Spheric Harlot and blahbber, would you two take your pissing contest somewhere else? I'm quite certain that people come to post on the news threads for reasons other than what is and isn't on who's agenda (or what's in a guy's underwear for that matter)
What happened to your sense of humor? Gloomy in your neck of the woods? Spheric is funny, let 'em be.

Forum Links
Forum Rules