Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Logitech intros wireless backlit keyboard, trackpad for Mac

Logitech intros wireless backlit keyboard, trackpad for Mac
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Dec 12, 2012, 01:11 AM

Logitech has revealed two accessories for Apple users. The new Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard is designed to work with Macs, iPads and iPhones, while the new Rechargeable Trackpad is designed specifically for Mac users. Users will recognise the similarities between the new Bluetooth keyboard and the K810 Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard Logitech launched last month, although the new version for Apple includes Mac and iOS-specific hot keys.

While many Apple users have appreciated Apple's own wireless keyboard, the new Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard adds keyboard lighting to the desktop experience in the same way that Apple delivers backlit keyboard illumination to its MacBook line. The keyboard includes smart sensors that automatically turn on the backlighting as soon as hands approach it, while also adjusting or dimming brightness according to ambient light conditions. It also utilizes a Mac layout that includes Command, Brightness and Mission Control keys and can quickly switch between up to three devices. The Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad features full multi-touch control, including click, scroll, swipe, zoom and other gestures. It employs a low-profile design and a smooth glass surface to replicate a touchscreen experience. Logitech says that the trackpad has been engineered with embedded precision sensors and resistance to fingerprints and scratches. The Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard will retail for $100, while the Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad will retail for $70. Both will go on sale in the US and Europe in January.

juwansome
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2012, 06:42 AM

Just don't know why this idea took so long to become a reality... was it because of concerns over battery life? Seems like a no brainer to me, and I'm sure an ipad case with an illuminated keyboard is next, so that we can spend even more of our money on these coveted accessories

hayesk
Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 AM

I don't know why they don't make one with a number pad.

Zanziboy
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2012, 07:32 AM

I'm looking forward to an Apple version made of aluminum. I've seen the Logitech and I am turned off by the plastic. A great innovation would be to add near field charging capability to the iMac so the wireless keyboards could maintain their charge by simple proximity to the computer.

blahblahbber
Banned
Dec 12, 2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by juwansome View Post
Just don't know why this idea took so long to become a reality... was it because of concerns over battery life? Seems like a no brainer to me, and I'm sure an ipad case with an illuminated keyboard is next, so that we can spend even more of our money on these coveted accessories
Seriously!! Long over-due!! Now if DasKeyboard came out with a mac version WITH Illumination AND wireless bluetooth.... Im in heaven!

Forum Links
Forum Rules