Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple polls retail workers for ideas on selling more iPhones

Apple polls retail workers for ideas on selling more iPhones
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jul 15, 2013, 02:55 PM

Apple is running an internal promotion encouraging retail workers to submit ideas for selling the iPhone, a leaked memo indicates. Sent late last week, the document asks clerks to write a one-page proposal. Selected workers will be invited out to Cupertino, California for an eight-week work trip at Apple headquarters. "The feasibility of the [submitted] idea does not need to be considered. We are looking for innovation and pie in the sky," Apple writes.

Similar programs have been used for the iPhone and other Apple products in the past. The latest one, though, comes just ahead of the rumored iPhone 5S launch window. The company may also be preparing to launch a low-cost iPhone, which would demand extra focus on sales.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jul 15, 2013 at 04:49 PM. )

ttpease
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2013, 04:03 PM

I've purchased iPhones from AT&T and from Apple. By far, buying at Apple was quicker and easier. This is a strong selling point that they should advertise aggressively.

aross99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2013, 04:57 PM

Let me trade in my one year old iPhone to cover the extra $250 AT&T wants for an early upgrade. I would gladly give you my old phone and $199 for a new one every year...

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2013, 07:51 PM

They should release the low cost iPhone... My sister is in the market for a new phone having owned my hand-me-down iPhone 4. She immediately balked at the price of the iPhone 5 unlocked and started looking at Android devices namely the Nexus 4. The unlocked iPhone 5 will cost upwards of $750 if you buy Apple Care and a basic case.
2.66Ghz Mac Pro 2GM Ram 160Gig HD Ati X1900XT, 24" Dell 2407WFP
13.3" Mac Book Core Duo 2GIG Ram 80Gig HD
12" PowerBook 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 60Gig HD
12" iBook 600Mhz (Late 2001) 640MB Ram 30Gig HD

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2013, 08:45 PM

Why is unlocked so important to her? Does she travel internationally a lot?

The Nexus 4 is cheaper, but she a) loses all of her iPhone apps, b) loses iCloud syncing, c) picks up the risk of viruses and malware. All to save a few bucks up front? I agree the Nexus 4 isn't a bad option on the surface (she's wise to look at Nexus phones, that's the only Android option I'd even remotely consider), but she needs to look at the real cost -- particularly if she's happy with her current carrier.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

bleebleeber
Baninated
Jul 16, 2013, 01:25 AM

chasm.... you are a straight shill for krapple, no question about it.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2013, 02:07 AM

So in other words, trolltroller, you're saying you have no counter to the facts that I pointed out in my post. Good to know.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2013, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by bleebleeber View Post
chasm.... you are a straight shill for krapple, no question about it.
How cute...disguising himself by spelling it with a "k".

Slow work day?

Or *is* this paid work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules