Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Adding photos to albums from full screen view?

Adding photos to albums from full screen view?
asxless
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2013, 04:25 PM

I can easily add a photo to a shared photo stream while swiping through an album in full screen view. But I haven't found a way to add a photo to another album while viewing the photo in full screen.

Can this be done in the Photos app? If not, which app(s) will do this?

Thanks in advance -- asxless in iLand

ps I know I can add the photo to an album after dropping back to thumbnail view. BUT... when I take several photos of the same subject it is difficult to compare photos at that scale to see which one is sharpest, etc.

ibook_steve
Sep 4, 2013, 05:48 PM

Did you try Copy from the Share button? Then go into the album you want to put it in and hold empty space until Paste appears.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

asxless  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2013, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
Did you try Copy from the Share button? Then go into the album you want to put it in and hold empty space until Paste appears.

Steve
Thanks for the tip. Using the copy function as you describe is a reasonable work around when adding a few photos to another album. But it is a lot of work when the album you are viewing has several hundred photos because when you return to the orginal album you are placed back at the very begining and have to find where you left off.

I'm on a trip. Each night I upload the day's photos from our two point-n-shoots to the iPad. We currently have 800+ photos in the trip album. All I want to do is scroll though the days photos at full screen and add a few of the best ones to a "highlights" album. Note: since we are using two point-n-shoots not all of them are in the Last Import album.

Apple simply hasn't thought this through. Adding a photo to an album on your own iPad should be as easy as adding it to a shared photo stream. All it takes is one more icon in the popup pointed to albums instead of shared photo streams.

asxless in iLand

Forum Links
Forum Rules