Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWork 13

iWork 13
Eldberg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2014, 06:43 AM

So Apple gave us new versions of Pages, Keynote and Numbers. (I mostly use Pages, which went from version 4.3 to 5.0). Update was free. But the new version sucks. I much prefer 4.3. This brings 2 problems:

1. On one Mac I installed 5.0 and now if I double click on a Pages file, it will open in 5.0. I tried going to "Info" and setting "Open with" to Pages 4.3, then clicking the option to use this for all Pages files. But this doesn't seem to work. Do I have to delete version 5.0 from the machine?

2. I have another Mac where I did not install verson 5. Now every time I open Pages, and every time the system has looked for updates, I get reminders to update Pages, Keynote and Numbers. There is no option to say "No thanks, go away forever!" Is there a solution?

Åke

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 28, 2014, 01:24 PM

I don't have a nice, neat fix for you with this, but I will say that Apple likes to bug users to upgrade software, sometimes for good reasons (like the older version had issues, or they no longer support the old version).

I'm moving this thread to the Applications thread, since iWork is an app, not part of the OS...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2014, 03:03 PM

Ok I did a little test but only with 1 machine!
If you try creating a quick template in Pages 13 & goto
Menu>File> Export To> Pages 09.

This will ask you to save to which location & rename.
Once this is done ctrl-click the file>Get Info & select
Open with Pages 09.
This will now open in Pages 09 on double-click or should.

I too got the prompt to update Pages even though it's already installed? I did how ever clicked on the Do Not Show Again of that
Pop-up Window, so far no more prompts.
Will have to see if it's the same after shutting the Mac down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules