Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Forum Roundup: Apple Watch…why bother?

Forum Roundup: Apple Watch…why bother?
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 12, 2014, 03:41 PM

As everyone knows by now, this week Apple took the wraps off their latest creation -- the Apple Watch. While there was much hype about this device leading up to its release, some MacNN forum-goers don't seem to think there is much reason to get this particular device over the competition, as is discussed in the thread titled "Apple watch…why bother." One Mac Elite wonders if the Apple Watch will be on display in stores before it is available for sale.

Forum-goers continue to debate what phone is more appropriately-sized, the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus, with many members siding with the late Steve Jobs in his stance that the iPhone was already big enough. One Fresh-Faced Recruit is having trouble with his OS X keyboard shortcuts crashing System Preferences, and turned to the forums looking for advice. Earlier this week, when "sknapp351" was having trouble with Target Disk Mode, fellow forum-goers provided helpful advice that ended up being of value to other members who had similar problems.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 12, 2014 at 06:14 PM. )

thinkman
Sep 13, 2014, 02:36 PM

This has nothing to do with the article — just something I wanted to comment on. Whenever I post, MacNN lists me as a "Fresh Faced Recruit" even though I've been commenting on their stories since 2005. I think they need to see my 70 year old face before calling me "Fresh Faced" ; ) Actually I'm lucky enough to look at least 15 years younger, so I'm often told! Just sayin'.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Sep 13, 2014, 02:39 PM

It's not about tenure, it's about post count.

Or so I'm told.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 15, 2014, 09:04 AM

Its not what you say, its how often you say it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules