Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse uses same Darkfield sensor as MX Master

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse uses same Darkfield sensor as MX Master
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 3, 2015, 02:24 PM

Logitech is bringing some of the design principles of its MX Master Wireless Mouse to the mobile peripherals market with a compact peripheral for travelers. The MX Anywhere 2 mouse is a shrunken version of the MX Master that measures 2.4 inches wide, 4 inches long, and 1.35 inches high, and weighs just 3 ounces, making it an ideal mouse for mobile workers to pack alongside their notebook for more mouse accuracy than a trackpad.

The Bluetooth-equipped mouse can be used to pair with Windows and Mac systems, with up to three devices able to be paired at once using Bluetooth Smart or the included Pico Unifying Receiver, using a dedicated "Easy-Switch" button to change the connected device. Using the same 1,600dpi Darkfield laser sensor as its full-size counterpart, it can be used to track on effectively any flat surface, including glass.

The design has echoes of the MX Master, albeit in a smaller form. It does lose the extended thumb rest on the side for the sake of a more compact physical footprint, with it also losing the secondary thumb wheel, but it retains a total of five buttons and the main scroll wheel, as well as the polygonal pattern. The battery is said to be able to hold its charge for up to two months, with a single minute of charging giving it enough power for up to two hours of usage.

The Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mobile Mouse is shipping this month in the United States, priced at $80.

Arty50
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2015, 03:11 PM

Double post
( Last edited by Arty50; Jun 3, 2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Double post)
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Arty50
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2015, 03:15 PM

The original MX Anywhere is one of the best mice ever. Since they basically kept the same shell, this sounds like a great update.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Forum Links
Forum Rules