Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > new games on g4Ti 400

new games on g4Ti 400
shark1967
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2001, 12:20 PM

I have only just recieved some games for my mac. --4x4 EVO, Driver & Aliens v. Predators. I installed 4x4 EVO and it just didn't want to play, and kept giving me an "unsupported 3D" error. I called those folks and they said that thye never really did any sort of testing on laptops and that I probably should just take it back.

So does anyone know if Driver or AliensV.Predators will run correctly on a G4 Ti ?

What are some other games that will run on G4 Ti?
What all will go into getting a better video card---both expense wise and installation? Is it as easy as putting Ram in?

Thanks for any help

CB
G4Ti 400
512 mb
10Gig
ATI Rage mobility 128
OSX.1.2

mcaswell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2001, 05:57 PM

Are you running these games in X? If so, I'm fairly certain this is where your problem with 4x4 is originating... you need to boot into 9.

4x4 runs fine on my 667, but I don't recall whether or not I tried it on my previous 400.

--Mike

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2001, 08:15 PM

Run it in OS 9. OS X is still a bit slower for 3D gaming.

shark1967  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2001, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the help. I was trying to run it in 9, but I installed it in X. So my fix was to uninstall everything and then reinstall in 9, as well as turning off all of the nvidia extensions. 4x4 evo is working great now.

the guy from talonsoft didn't really help me at all--so thanks a ton

CB

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2001, 07:40 PM

I noticed you posted this in two forums. Please don't do this in the future, alright?

Forum Links
Forum Rules