Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Powerbook 165 question. Please help

Powerbook 165 question. Please help
jagga
Senior User
Jul 12, 2001, 10:41 PM

Ok all
Here is my situation. I got a Powerbook 165. I got a Asante EN/SC scsi to ethernet adapter. It plugs in the back of the powerbook. I am connected to the internet using ethernet (local lan). Is there a way that I can use the info from my desktop (like IP addr; router addr; Gatway addr) and put that onto the powerbook and connect to the internet?

I have system 7.5.3 update 2.0.

Thanks
jagga

jeromep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2001, 03:47 AM

Is your lan DHCP based, where each machine gets all of the network information from a central server on startup or request for network access, or on your initial setup of your preferences, did you have to put in all the relevant network information into the TCP/IP control panel?

If you configured manually and want to put another computer on the network you will need to have a different IP address, but beyond that there are going to be few other differences.

Forum Links
Forum Rules