Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > CD -ROM Soft for OS 7.6

CD -ROM Soft for OS 7.6
CropA
Sep 1, 2000, 01:53 PM

i,ve just formated a hard drive for a 7200, after putting OS 7.6 back on i found that the cd-rom won't work, the Mac boots up fine from disk which tells me that the disk drive is fine. I,ve installed the extensions Apple CD -rom and foreign file access, photo access. Is there any other software needed for the drive to work.

Regards

CropA

infiniti
Sep 2, 2000, 12:50 AM

If your CD-ROM is third party (i.e. non-Apple), than you'll need CD-ROM toolkit too. However, i'm sure you would have known about that if you had it.

More details might help.

Good luck,
infiniti
12" iBook 900

Pangolino
Sep 3, 2000, 03:59 PM

way more easier than using a toolkit is installing a patched apple cd-rom extension to read every kind of drive/ the only problem with such a procedure is that for some cd-drives won't be possible booting your mac...
i adopted massively this solution on every machine i had/have, with no troubles at all.

P.

CropA
Sep 4, 2000, 11:06 AM

It was the CD-ROM toolkit i needed and everythings fine now. I didn't think the drive would be non apple as it came bundled with the system. I,ve put 7.6 on but am reluctant to take it off has i forgot how pre-historic it is compared to OS 9 i am using. I wanted to put OS 8 on but only have 7.6 , 8.5 and OS 9 on disk, the 8.5 sounds cool but is the OS that come bundled with my imac and can't be loaded on to the 7500. 'so it tells me'

Forum Links
Forum Rules